Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckydev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
I got my Macbook Air last month. It is 2012 model.

The problem is When I keep my MBA on a non-flat surface (my lap for instance) and when I keep my hand on the arms rests, i hear a not-so-loud-but-good click sound from the right side arm rest. Have you experienced this before? :(

When you gently press the bottom right corner of the armrest..it makes the sound. It doesn't happen on flat surfaces :( :confused:

Its a brand new machine and I don't know what to do. Is this sound natural?

jrasero

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
NYC

The problem is When I keep my MBA on a non-flat surface (my lap for instance) and when I keep my hand on the arms rests, i hear a not-so-loud-but-good click sound from the right side arm rest. Have you experienced this before? :(

When you gently press the bottom right corner of the armrest..it makes the sound. It doesn't happen on flat surfaces :( :confused:

You shouldn't be experiencing this. Since it's still under warranty just go to an Apple store or call

Apple has really good CS and support so they will fix or even replace

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA

Return it.

I have both sizes, they are each very strong, creak and noise free when open and being used.

Kafka

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
It happened to me with my 2010 MBA and there have been many posts about this issue: you can take a genius appointment and ask them to reseat the back plate (release the screws and tighten them back), that should be enough.

irsyadist

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011

What is the configuration of your Macbook Air?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.