Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:16 PM   #1
ITS ME DAVID
macrumors 6502

Arrow iPad Mini Best Tablet Out There Period

I have been playing with it since yesterday at 3pm and I swear I can't put It down. I have owned every iPhone out I have the 5 right now and owned iPad 1,2 and 3rd gen with retina and have owned a 7" kindle fire and I swear this beats them all I mean even with the non retina display I find playing games,browsing the web and watching youtube videos very easy on the eyes I don't know why people are complaining apple has a big hit with this mini can't wait for mini 2.

Last edited by ITS ME DAVID; Nov 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM.
ITS ME DAVID is offline   20 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Southernboyj
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
I have been playing with it since yesterday at 3pm and I swear I can't put It down. I have owned every iPhone out I have the 5 right now and owned iPad 1,2 and 3rd gen with retina and have owned a 7" kindle fire and I swear this beats them all I mean even with the non retina display I find playing games,browsing the web and watching youtube videos very easy on the eyes I don't know why people are complaining apple has a big hit with this mini can't wait for mini 2.
It's awesome, except the display.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:22 PM   #3
klover
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
So you've owned a bunch of Apple phones, Apple tablets, and one competitor product and that qualifies you to make a "best product there is, period." statement?

Ok.

Quote:
I don't know why people are complaining
It's almost as if people have different opinions, tastes, and expectations.
klover is offline   20 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:25 PM   #4
vmachiel
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernboyj View Post
It's awesome, except the display.
So buy one next year, when the come out with a retina mini. I'll be holding out for that.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:26 PM   #5
ITS ME DAVID
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by klover View Post
So you've owned a bunch of Apple phones, Apple tablets, and one competitor product and that qualifies you to make a "best product there is, period." statement?

Ok.
But I have used a nexus 7 for a week my friend let me use it because I was debating on getting one and I didn't like the 7" found it small same issue with the kindle fire and the android os it's just not upto par with iOS and yes when I had the fire I rooted it I liked the fire for playing flash video when streaming UFC fights online but even that was sluggish and choppy the nexus 7 i found nice with the features but found the 7" a little small and still even with jelly bean I wasn't awed.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:27 PM   #6
CapnJackGig
macrumors 6502a

It won't be remotely close to being considered the best device out there now until it has a higher PPI. Reading on this thing is awful.
CapnJackGig is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:31 PM   #7
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Quote:
Love the size and weight. It's a winner. I'm not even that bugged about the screen. Retina will come sooner rather than later.
nuckinfutz is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:34 PM   #8
Yr Blues
macrumors 68000

iPhone5 > iPad 4 > iPad mini
Yr Blues is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:40 PM   #9
scupking
macrumors 6502

I think next year the mini will be $399, $499 and $599 and have the same screen res as the ipad 3 and 4 making it a super retina display. The current mini will then go down in price to 299, 399 and 499. We will no longer see the ipad 2 for sale. So it will be iPad mini, iPad mini R and then iPad 5 (iPad R).
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:43 PM   #10
ITS ME DAVID
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yr Blues View Post
No doubt the iPhone 5 is a great phone but lacks some things cause of its size screen like movie watching reading books. But I mean I love the 8mp camera on it really good piks. The big 9.7" iPads I find are just that big heavy and not comfortable holding for a long period.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:46 PM   #11
Cingular
macrumors regular

Quote:
ipad 4 > Phone5 > iPad 3> iPad mini
Fixed.
Cingular is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:48 PM   #12
WilliamLondon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by klover View Post

Ok.

It's almost as if people have different opinions, tastes, and expectations.
It's more like people love to find ways of quashing joy and excitement in others. There are a lot of people on here having a great time with their new product, and yet quite a few others find that joy and happiness rather unacceptable, and worse still, they have no problem letting them know what morons they are for being so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJackGig View Post
Reading on this thing is awful.
No, it isn't.
WilliamLondon is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:00 PM   #13
ITS ME DAVID
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamLondon View Post
It's more like people love to find ways of quashing joy and excitement in others. There are a lot of people on here having a great time with their new product, and yet quite a few others find that joy and happiness rather unacceptable, and worse still, they have no problem letting them know what morons they are for being so excited.

No, it isn't.
X2 I think those that are hating on the mini don't even own one they just want to bash or troll on these forums.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:12 PM   #14
Southernboyj
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmachiel View Post
So buy one next year, when the come out with a retina mini. I'll be holding out for that.
I plan on it, I bought one yesterday to give it a shot but had the possibility in my mind of returning it.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:14 PM   #15
WilliamLondon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
X2 I think those that are hating on the mini don't even own one they just want to bash or troll on these forums.
I suspect with some of them that you're absolutely correct. Others are exaggerating and using hyperbole and acting all melodramatic, and a few really aren't happy with the device.

For me I thought my expectations were so high it would at best be acceptable or tolerable as far as devices go, but it actually far exceeded them, so I'm happy beyond belief with this device, more so than I was with my first iPad gen 1.
WilliamLondon is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:21 PM   #16
klover
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamLondon View Post
I suspect with some of them that you're absolutely correct. Others are exaggerating and using hyperbole and acting all melodramatic, and a few really aren't happy with the device.

For me I thought my expectations were so high it would at best be acceptable or tolerable as far as devices go, but it actually far exceeded them, so I'm happy beyond belief with this device, more so than I was with my first iPad gen 1.
Well, I guess we should be thankful that you're here to definitively judge who is being dramatic and who is sincere (and then agree with or dismiss their opinions accordingly).
klover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:28 PM   #17
ItsWelshy
macrumors regular

Quote:
Someone can't afford a mini...
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:35 PM   #18
Harvey Specter
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scupking View Post
I think next year the mini will be $399, $499 and $599 and have the same screen res as the ipad 3 and 4 making it a super retina display. The current mini will then go down in price to 299, 399 and 499. We will no longer see the ipad 2 for sale. So it will be iPad mini, iPad mini R and then iPad 5 (iPad R).
Yeah there's no way the price is gonna go up like that unless they're trying to ruin the business. They have well thought out the pricing on it, and Im sure with the heat they got from it this time around, they will not make it $200 more than the competition. That's just unreasonable
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:39 PM   #19
Yr Blues
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsWelshy View Post
Someone can't afford a mini...
what in my post makes you think that?
Yr Blues is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:50 PM   #20
syd430

Quote:
This guy gets it. I still think someone at apple decided to tweak the iPhone 5 just enough to make it as addictive as crack.
  3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:59 PM   #21
ITS ME DAVID
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post
This guy gets it. I still think someone at apple decided to tweak the iPhone 5 just enough to make it as addictive as crack.
It's addictive if you don't own a tablet
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:59 PM   #22
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I agree. People don't understand the technology, so they complain about it. This isn't designed to be a top of the line product, if they would have put a retina display in it, it would have priced it out of it's target demographic and people would be bitching tenfold about price.
shenan1982 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:23 PM   #23
mantan
macrumors 6502a

Or maybe people just have varying opinions and expectations.

The people who immediately dismiss the people who don't like the device are just as annoying as the people who immediately dismiss people who like it.

The truth, as usual, lies in the middle. By all accounts it's a good product with a screen that is disappointing to some. It's strange how people how like it feel this need to be validated that everyone else likes it too.

Though the last line of the OP's post made me laugh...if everything about this is perfect why put 'can't wait for the iPad Mini 2'???
mantan is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:42 PM   #24
Guy Mancuso
macrumors 6502a

I was in Best Buy last night and I got a chance to play with the mini. I'm on a IPad 2 right now so no Retina but I thought the screen was nice. It's very light and able to actually hold the thing with one hand seemed so much better than sitting on the couch trying to find a comfortable spot to hold the regular size IPad. I'm very tempted to replace my IPad with it but I do want cellular on it. Bottom line you need to go hold the thing in your hand. I can see a lot of sales on this as its just much more easier to use than the IPad. Really not sure how much a retina would bring to the table on a smaller display since I could read the text very well with my aging eyes. Even better if it had retina but not going to stop me from being a issue with buying one. Size and weight seem to be the main reasons.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:50 PM   #25
Ayemerica
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
I was in Best Buy last night and I got a chance to play with the mini. I'm on a IPad 2 right now so no Retina but I thought the screen was nice. It's very light and able to actually hold the thing with one hand seemed so much better than sitting on the couch trying to find a comfortable spot to hold the regular size IPad. I'm very tempted to replace my IPad with it but I do want cellular on it. Bottom line you need to go hold the thing in your hand. I can see a lot of sales on this as its just much more easier to use than the IPad. Really not sure how much a retina would bring to the table on a smaller display since I could read the text very well with my aging eyes. Even better if it had retina but not going to stop me from being a issue with buying one. Size and weight seem to be the main reasons.
I agree. I sold my iPad 3, bought the mini and its so nice to have the portability that I didn't know I was missing with the iPad 3. Plus the fact that I can use it one handed and thumb through web articles .

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad