Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I had an iPad 3, then I bout a mini...I have been using the mini like crazy. I love the fact I can take it places. I never took my full size out of the house, never had a place to store it. I carried this around everywhere yesterday and didn't look ridiculous.
When I pick up the 3 now, it feels big and heavy. I miss the retina screen like crazy, but I'm making due here. I also realize there is no need for both..considering putting my 3 on Craigslist for $385.

Thoughts from people with both....

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
It looks like it comes down to the Retina display. Do you want it above all? I've gotten used to it so bad so i'm keeping a retina iPad

Deasnutz

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2011
I had an iPad 3, then I bout a mini...I have been using the mini like crazy. I love the fact I can take it places. I never took my full size out of the house, never had a place to store it. I carried this around everywhere yesterday and didn't look ridiculous.
When I pick up the 3 now, it feels big and heavy. I miss the retina screen like crazy, but I'm making due here. I also realize there is no need for both..considering putting my 3 on Craigslist for $385.

Thoughts from people with both....

Sell em both, buy a Nook HD and root it.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
It looks like it comes down to the Retina display. Do you want it above all? I've gotten used to it so bad so i'm keeping a retina iPad

It really does come down to the display...I'm torn..I thought the screen size diff would be an issue for me, but I have been visiting the same pages on this mini and I have not had an issue.
Apps like Facebook need to be fixed to scale this screen size yet though. I have found some annoying issues.

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
I'm selling my 3 on ebay. I bought a mini last night and should get it in 2 weeks. Yes I think I will miss the retina but I think I will take the mini with me to more places. Right now the iPad 3 stays in my house or only comes with me on vacation. Truthfully I never had an issue with the weight of the 3 like other people. I will keep the mini until a retina mini comes out next year. I hope next year we will see 32, 64 and 128GB as storage options, retnia and A6x in the mini. As far as specs the mini runs just a little faster then the iPad 3 so its not like I'm going backwards in performance. Only thing not better then the 3 is the display.

ZivaD

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
MaxiPads are old fashioned now, with or without retina, although I'm keeping all of mine, not likely to break the bank is it.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Same here..my iPad 3 never leaves the house except for work and vacation..just too big to carry around. The weight was never an issue for me either, but after holding this mini, it's just heavy now...lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.