Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 3, 2012, 04:43 PM   #26
goldbear86
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I have the iPad 3. Been given the mini as a gift. Love the weight of it and fact that I know if I want to pop it in my handbag I can. The quality of the screen does really show sat next to a iPad 3 or later. I'm not sure I will keep it. That said I'm not sure if Apple would accept the return just because I'm not totally satisfied.
goldbear86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 04:45 PM   #27
GeekLawyer
macrumors Demi-God
 
GeekLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The post is coming from inside the house!
So long as you return it within the return period in good condition, Apple will allow the return.
GeekLawyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 04:48 PM   #28
goldbear86
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLawyer View Post
So long as you return it within the return period in good condition, Apple will allow the return.
Even if its been bought in store? It's not even a day old. I just feel like I'm trying hard to like it. Maybe I can get used to it. I feel bad as it was a gift.
goldbear86 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 04:48 PM   #29
silverblack
macrumors 65816
 
silverblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I have even used my iPhone 5 a lot less in the last 1 to 2 days since I got my mini. My iPad 3? It'll get a lot of use by my kids soon. Win-win situation for everyone.
silverblack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 05:04 PM   #30
Noisemaker
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLawyer View Post
That's my thinking. I use my iPad to read, surf, and light Netflix and light productivity. I can't imagine using an iPad mini differently.



I've spent some time with a mini. To me, the usage is the same as an iPad. So the comparison with notebooks seems apt. But I appreciate your response.
For me, I do a mix of the same, as well as more intensive work - recording in Garageband, iMovie, tons of writing in Pages, and a good bit of gaming. The iPad mini works as my light-weight device, while the full size takes on the bigger tasks.

Because I have two different sets of uses, it works. I could totally see that not being the case for everyone though.
Noisemaker is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 05:06 PM   #31
freyrrr
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oxford
I have been using the mini since the launch day. I love the light weight and small size, but the screen just hurts my eyes (lower resolution + smaller font size). So I am going back to iPad 3, and going to return the mini.
freyrrr is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 05:07 PM   #32
Noisemaker
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblack View Post
I have even used my iPhone 5 a lot less in the last 1 to 2 days since I got my mini. My iPad 3? It'll get a lot of use by my kids soon. Win-win situation for everyone.
This I totally agree with. My iPhone has only seen use for texting and calls. Even iMessaging has been done from the Mini.
Noisemaker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 05:23 PM   #33
Calipad
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I am back on my iPad 3... Typing now. I like the mini in the respect that if this is an indication of what Apple is has been doing can't wait for the iPad 5.

Sorry to say I have boxed up the mini and it is going back on Monday. I can see a lot of people buying these but for me I will stick with the iPad 3 for now.
Calipad is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:54 PM   #34
Zetaprime
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldbear86 View Post
Even if its been bought in store? It's not even a day old. I just feel like I'm trying hard to like it. Maybe I can get used to it. I feel bad as it was a gift.
Apple has what is referred to as a "Buyer's Remorse" policy which allows you to return an item within a 2 week period if for any reason you are not satisfied with it or just plain changed your mind.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyrrr View Post
I have been using the mini since the launch day. I love the light weight and small size, but the screen just hurts my eyes (lower resolution + smaller font size). So I am going back to iPad 3, and going to return the mini.
I know what you mean about the eyes. I'm 60 years old and reading can be hard enough on the eyes without making the text even smaller. No thanks.
Zetaprime is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:59 PM   #35
Headlighted
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
I have not, and likely never will. I didn't use it in the first place, it was too uncomfortable for me to use for long periods of time. My iPhone was what got all the use, and it's only been used while I was out of the house today and yesterday.
Headlighted is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:06 PM   #36
hyteckit
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Sold my iPad 1.

That thing was heavy to hold with one had.
hyteckit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:13 PM   #37
Virgo
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
There is no reason to own both a full sized iPad and a mini... (heck, there has even been debate about the reasons to own an iPad alone) keep trying to convince yourself otherwise.
__________________
13" MacBook Pro (Early '11) i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD T-Mobile iPhone 5 32GB Black
Virgo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:47 PM   #38
cdmoore74
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
Sold my iPad 1.

That thing was heavy to hold with one had.
This is the one thing I've read all day that makes sense. If you're coming from a iPad 1 the mini would make the perfect upgrade. Not a iPad 3/4 down to a mini. That's like going from an iPhone 5 back down to a iPhone 4S. The majority of people here just do not have common sense.
cdmoore74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:55 PM   #39
Noisemaker
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmoore74 View Post
This is the one thing I've read all day that makes sense. If you're coming from a iPad 1 the mini would make the perfect upgrade. Not a iPad 3/4 down to a mini. That's like going from an iPhone 5 back down to a iPhone 4S. The majority of people here just do not have common sense.
How so? I'm typing this from my mini while my 4 sits in the other room. I. Love the 4 as well, but for stuff like forum browsing? The mini is perfect for me. I've got Skype running, iMessages coming in, and music playing.

It's no downgrade - it's just different, and fills the gap when I don't need something with a ton of power and larger size.
Noisemaker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 09:42 PM   #40
cdmoore74
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisemaker View Post
How so? I'm typing this from my mini while my 4 sits in the other room. I. Love the 4 as well, but for stuff like forum browsing? The mini is perfect for me. I've got Skype running, iMessages coming in, and music playing.

It's no downgrade - it's just different, and fills the gap when I don't need something with a ton of power and larger size.
Would you carry a iPhone 4S and a iPhone 5 at the same time? How does this sound to you?

"How so? I'm typing this from my iPhone 4s while my iPhone 5 sits in the other room. I love the iPhone 5 as well, but for stuff like forum browsing? The iPhone 4s is perfect for me. I've got Skype running, iMessages coming in, and music playing.

It's no downgrade - it's just different, and fills the gap when I don't need something with ton of power and larger size."

See what I mean.
cdmoore74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 09:50 PM   #41
Akash.B
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmoore74 View Post
Would you carry a iPhone 4S and a iPhone 5 at the same time? How does this sound to you?

"How so? I'm typing this from my iPhone 4s while my iPhone 5 sits in the other room. I love the iPhone 5 as well, but for stuff like forum browsing? The iPhone 4s is perfect for me. I've got Skype running, iMessages coming in, and music playing.

It's no downgrade - it's just different, and fills the gap when I don't need something with ton of power and larger size."

See what I mean.
The iPhone 5 is about the same size as the 4S. The iPad 4 is a lot larger than the mini, so it's different. While I would never have an iPad + mini combo, I understand people who do
Akash.B is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:20 PM   #42
swandy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Nope - actually sold it today (iPad 3) and don't miss it (or it's weight) at all.
swandy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:52 PM   #43
Noisemaker
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash.B View Post
The iPhone 5 is about the same size as the 4S. The iPad 4 is a lot larger than the mini, so it's different. While I would never have an iPad + mini combo, I understand people who do
Beat me to it.

For me, the combo works. It's not for everyone though.

I don't have a notebook, so I like having options for my mobile needs. I also spent less on the pair than I would have on even a MacBook Air, so I don't see why someone would be up in arms over a dual-iPad setup working for my personal needs.
Noisemaker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:32 PM   #44
Jacoblee23
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I'm still not using my ipad 3 very much a week later.
__________________
Black 4th gen ipod 32gb, iphone 5 space gray 16gb, and White Ipad 4 16gb Wifi.
Jacoblee23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:54 AM   #45
walmartmartyr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmoore74 View Post
This is the one thing I've read all day that makes sense. If you're coming from a iPad 1 the mini would make the perfect upgrade. Not a iPad 3/4 down to a mini. That's like going from an iPhone 5 back down to a iPhone 4S. The majority of people here just do not have common sense.
iPhone 5 to a 4s is a bad comparison. Ip5 to Ip3gs is more like it.
walmartmartyr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:16 PM   #46
AlterZgo
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
iPad mini gets more use than my iPad 2, 3 and iPhone 5 combined. It has the perfect size, weight and portability.

I think if Steve Jobs wasn't so headstrong about a smaller tablet and released the mini earlier, Apple could have more effectively fended off the smaller 7" competing tablets vs. playing catch up in that size class.
AlterZgo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:19 PM   #47
MisterDisney
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I had an original 16GB model, it went to my daughter. I was occasionally using my wife's iPad 3, but that's all hers now, except for when she borrows the mini.
MisterDisney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:31 PM   #48
Awakener
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Returned the mini after getting iPad. No comparison.
Awakener is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All iPads: Anyone here moving to the iPad mini from the full sized iPad? ChrisTX iPad 26 Aug 5, 2013 07:19 PM
All iPads: Why is the iPad mini twice as popular as the regular sized iPad Squilly iPad 144 Jan 25, 2013 06:46 PM
All iPads: iPad mini or Full Sized for Education? MBAForever iPad 5 Nov 27, 2012 05:08 PM
All iPads: Who all here has a full sized iPad AND an iPad mini? Jacoblee23 iPad 49 Nov 7, 2012 10:25 AM
modified full-sized Ipad? ijha iPad 5 Oct 4, 2012 10:06 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC