Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:42 PM   #1
seajewel
macrumors 6502

Split keyboard malfunctions on Mini

The split keyboard is amazing on the mini for my small hands, but in a couple of apps (iawriter, tapatalk) I've noticed if you try to edit a very long post that covers the screen the post doesn't get pushed up above the split keyboard so you can see the bottom of the post when your cursor is there. The post does rearrange to show itself if you use the full keyboard. Anybody notice this? Is this a problem that existed on other iPads?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:56 PM   #2
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
The split keyboard is amazing on the mini for my small hands, but in a couple of apps (iawriter, tapatalk) I've noticed if you try to edit a very long post that covers the screen the post doesn't get pushed up above the split keyboard so you can see the bottom of the post when your cursor is there. The post does rearrange to show itself if you use the full keyboard. Anybody notice this? Is this a problem that existed on other iPads?
Same on my ipad 3rd gen at times too. normally happens in landscape, so I usually flip to portrait to sort it. Seems to be an iOS 6 issue as I didnt have to do it previously.
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 03:42 PM   #3
seajewel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumorUser View Post
Same on my ipad 3rd gen at times too. normally happens in landscape, so I usually flip to portrait to sort it. Seems to be an iOS 6 issue as I didnt have to do it previously.
Ah I see. Too bad it wasn't fixed in 6.0.1 then not a huge deal but annoying. It happens in portrait mode for me as well.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 01:09 PM   #4
seajewel
macrumors 6502

I also experience a floating horizontal line in safari after switching to split keyboard. Does iOS 7 fix this issue? I'm in no hurry to update but would if I had confirmation that the split keyboard bugs are fixed.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad