Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urban.spaceman

macrumors member
Original poster
I can't seem to find a way to change the voice - is there something I'm missing in the options? There only seems to be one section in the settings and there's no option to change it anywhere.

Also, they really, really need to update the Sports section - Siri doesn't know a bloody thing about Cricket or Rugby, or even Formula One. I realise this is more of a complaint about the Sportacular app, but still, to not feature three of the most popular sports in the world is a huge embarrassment.

Finally, I understand the reasons that Siri can't be used offline (perhaps someday we could) but can't they figure out a way to use it just for offline music voice control like the previous iPods?

Itouch g1

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Ottawa
My understanding is the only way to change Siri’s voice is to change your region.

You enable voice control by turning off siri in settings- general; holding down the home button then turns voice control on.

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Settings>General>Siri>Language

there's a whole list of voice choices for siri

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.