Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 3, 2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

Is it really that hard to get one? :(

I went to Tele2 yesterday in Sweden and asked when I could upgrade. I'm able to upgrade in december but that's not the point of this thread. I asked her how many Apple sends to her and she said 5 or 8. People who couldn't get one on launch are still trying to get one and the store sells them FAST. I can't believe that they only get 5 iPhones to sell and I hope that I'm able to get one in december without problems.

How many of you are trying to get one and is it like this everywhere?
Nevzorus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 04:03 PM   #2
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Buy it online from Apple and then activate it with your carrier. I'm on Sprint, but that's what I did because Sprint's website went down on preorder morning.

I had no problems activating my iPhone 5 on Sprint's network when it arrived.

Granted, I am speaking of US carriers, but you should be able to do this with Apple's Swedish site I think.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 04:12 PM   #3
eyespii
macrumors 6502

I've been trying without success for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Called in almost every day to check stock, did the in-store-pickup option, nothing. Today, I went to the local apple store around 11a to return an extra lightning cable I had bought, and also to check out the new iPad minis. Was leaving the store when one of the blue shirts asked me if there was anything i needed. On a whim, asked if he had any VZW iPhone 5s, and to my surprise, the store had a few left! Wanted a black 32gb, but the screen had a hip in the corner, so settled for a white instead.

Point is, keep trying! And forget about calling in - just show up to the store early, and you should be good!
eyespii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Nevzorus
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyespii View Post
I've been trying without success for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Called in almost every day to check stock, did the in-store-pickup option, nothing. Today, I went to the local apple store around 11a to return an extra lightning cable I had bought, and also to check out the new iPad minis. Was leaving the store when one of the blue shirts asked me if there was anything i needed. On a whim, asked if he had any VZW iPhone 5s, and to my surprise, the store had a few left! Wanted a black 32gb, but the screen had a hip in the corner, so settled for a white instead.

Point is, keep trying! And forget about calling in - just show up to the store early, and you should be good!
One thing that I'm happy about is that she knows my father somehow really well and she told me to come to the store 4-5 days earlier in december to tell her to let one iPhone 5 stay in the store just for me until I come back.
Nevzorus is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone