Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
I don't know if anybody has had this problem or idk if this is a problem but the image quality is not as good as I would have hoped, I mean it looks great but it has well this pentile type effect to it, it does look like a pentile screen, I was wondering if anybody else had this type of image quality on their iPhone 5's? And I know it's a Samsung screen for one

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Your iPhone probably has vertical scan lines.

Look it up on this forum.

Camera app icon on home screen and blue toolbar at bottom of safari should show it/look grainy.

I had iPhone 5's that did this

nharrietha

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2012
Canada
Absolutely no problems with my display. The best handset display I've seen in person, if you ask me. I think you should try to get your phone replaced.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Absolutely no problems with my display. The best handset display I've seen in person, if you ask me. I think you should try to get your phone replaced.
My display is perfect too and the best looking display of any type I've seen. The color accuracy is just fantastic for a consumer device.

If you're seeing issues I'd take it in too.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
I think I have the interlacing issue I've had it on my other iPhones and those screens just straight went and had to get them replaced but the apple stores near where I live always give me a hard time whenever I go and I had 5 blown pixels once on one phone and they tried saying they couldn't see any of them then gave me four phones right after that all with dead pixels

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.