Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
....... I'm talking about going from a white IP5 to a black IP5. lol

I've always had white iPhones just because everyone has black iPhones. but I have this thing for anything that has a yellow/black combo in color. I've seen some pics of black IP5s with yellow bumpers and they look sweet.

so, I wonder this. how many other peeps have gone from the white to black side? lol

tillsbury

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2007
I have black and the missus has white, otherwise we would be stuffed taking each others' ipads and phones...

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010

I've always had white iPhones just because everyone has black iPhones. but I have this thing for anything that has a yellow/black combo in color. I've seen some pics of black IP5s with yellow bumpers and they look sweet.

so, I wonder this. how many other peeps have gone from the white to black side? lol

You must be from Pittsburgh.

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
Once you go black, you never go back (to black). I had a black iPhone 3G and 3GS, didn't like the look of it so I stayed with white for my 4, 4S and 5.

modthispny

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
white is cool to have for one or two generations, but then you get sick of it, especially if you're a guy.

iphone 3GS, white, iphone 4, black, iphone 4S, white, iphone 5, slate all the way.

looked at ipad mini today, slate all the way as well.

snowcrash

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
Boston MA, USA
Black 4, White 4S, Black 5 and totally regret getting black. Fingerprints and wear show a lot less on white then the black. I don't like the smudges all over the front screen border on the black. I also like the way the screen kind of pops off the white. But I'm OCD about it haha.

Either way I know no matter which I get that in 12 months I'll get the other one. But if I has to do it again, it would have been the white one.

----------

It amazes me how many people say black = guys phone. I know more guys (and FAR from hipsters/metro) who have white phones then black ones.

northernbaldy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2010
the north, UK
Black to white for me ;)
and I think he white is great

I guess after all our years of iPhone ownership we fancied a change, whether it be white to black or black to white

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Always black until now and keep it this way. But need to be a real black; not this "want-to-be black" of iPod Touch and iPad mini backside. Lucky the front looks ok; backside I don't mind; get anyway covered.

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
It was classic issue for everyone I guess.First everybody attacked the black Iphones at 4/4S but after some time and now we can see more and more white Iphones everwhere :) I can speak for my country thats like that

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
I had the black iPhone 5 and loved it, but it chipped too easily - so swapped it for white.

The white seems much sturdier, and I love the design equally. I've always had black, though, so it was a nice time for a change.

Both are awesome designs, though!

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada

In total I've had:
2 black iPhones
1 white iPad, switched later on for a black
1 black classic iPod
1 purple ipod shuffle
1 white ipod from (2001)
and my latest purchase a WHITE iphone 5

iEs

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Safari
Not true. I've had the black 3G, then white 3G S, wanted to get the white iPhone 4 but didn't have it on launch so decided to get the black. Then moved on to the white 4 S and now I have the white ip5!

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I've always gotten the white iPhones because to me they always looked way better than the black ones (plus they always had higher resale value).

But with the iPhone 5 I'm getting black. The black one actually looks better to me this time. Now the hard part is actually finding somewhere that has an iPhone 5 in stock.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I still haven't owned a single white iOS device yet. I still think that the black ones looks better, as I did when the white ones came out.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I went white with my 4S. At times I think it looks quite elegant. Most of the time I kick myself for not going with black.

Next phone will be black for sure.

Davejprince

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
The Netherlands
I've had an iPhone 3Gs for two years, black.
And an iPhone 4s which I currently own, also in black.
I wanted the Black 3Gs back then, and wanted a white iPhone 4s but they weren't in stock so I went with the black one.
I would like an iPhone 5(s?) in white next year but I think picking another color is just for the sake of a bigger change on the outside.
If I had a previous white 4s I would go for a black 5-s new gen. I think.

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
I've always had black Apple products but I traded my black iPhone 5 for a white one and I liked it a lot better, it's classier, shinier, and nicer looking. Looks like it's the opposite for me :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.