Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Srheiss
macrumors newbie

Outputting video to a projector using a PCIe card

Hey guys. I recently bought a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card to use with Pro Tools, but was also wanting to route other videos (youtube, etc) out the HDMI port from my Mac Pro to a projector. I can't seem to find how to change the video outputs to route my desktop through the HDMI out on the Intesity Pro to the projector. It seems like this would be possible?? I could be wrong though. Any help would be appreciated!!

I'm using an early 2008 Mac Pro, OSX 10.8.2, and a Blackmagic Intensity Pro PCIe card.
Srheiss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:45 AM   #2
JesterJJZ
macrumors 68000

Cards like the ones from Blackmagic, AJA, etc. don't output your screen. They only output video signals from applications that support it like Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects, etc. To output your screen to a projector you need to come out your graphics card.
JesterJJZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro