Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

castorrj1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
My iMac went off the grid tonight while I was watching something from my iTunes library via Apple TV. When I went upstairs to check it out, my auto-sleep 10-minute warning was popped up. When tried to dismiss it, it just popped back up, again, and again, and again. The window wouldn't go away, so I forced the computer to shut down by holding the power button until it powered off. When I turned it back on and selected my user account, it would not allow me to enter my password. I had use of the other controls on the keyboard, like volume and brightness, but none of the letter would type, and the computer just responded by giving me the error "beep". I tried logging on to the Guest account because it does not require a password, and upon successfully logging into the guest account, tried to use the keyboard within an application. Every time I hit a letter, the screen would flash as if I was taking a screen capture. When back at the login window, I would try typing my password (without any characters or dots being added to the password box) and then I would hit enter, which did nothing but put my computer to sleep. I've tried replacing the batteries, cycling the power, turning all connected devices off (Apple TV, MacBook, etc), but nothing seems to work for me.

HELLLLLLLLLLP!

Brmeade

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Exact thing happened to me tonight... my guess is a bug related to daylight savings time?

castorrj1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
find any way around it? i'm using a bluetooth apple keyboard.

Y2K? the mayan apocalypse is upon us...

praise the lord for my MacBook...doesn't get me the content on my iMac though.

Brmeade

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Not yet. I shutdown my computer and am hoping it'll work in the morning. Bluetooth keyboard here too.

castorrj1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
well...i'll report back in the AM with my results. catch ya later on!

castorrj1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
all is well...back up an running. apple does not do well with daylight savings...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.