Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dragunov

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
NYC
so i finally got the thing from best buy here in the US of A. i tried the restore and did not get a message, i will pick up a microsim to check tomorrow but i dont think the unlocking worked..

where did u guys pay to get your phone unlocked if youre in the same situation as i am? i am using the at&t one

thanks

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
so i finally got the thing from best buy here in the US of A. i tried the restore and did not get a message, i will pick up a microsim to check tomorrow but i dont think the unlocking worked..

where did u guys pay to get your phone unlocked if youre in the same situation as i am? i am using the at&t one

thanks

It should be unlocked. If it's not, unlock_fusion on eBay worked for me (I got mine from a friend locked to AT&T)

traycraycray

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012

thanks

Are you using it for T-Mobile? If so, you don't have to unlock it, just insert your nano sim and it'll work on it's own. I got the iPhone 5 a week ago and thought I had to restore it on itunes to get it to work.. waited 30 minutes for it to restore and I didn't get a message. I inserted the nano sim and after a few seconds of searching for a network and then saying no service.. T-Mobile popped up and it has been working like a charm.

Dragunov

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
NYC
how long did it take u guys to get the email? and it was a code? i dont see anywhere to input a code..

Dragunov

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
NYC
Fusion e-mails instantly. Check your Spam/Junk folder. Instructions are there. My unlock was complete within 2 hours for a AT&T iPhone 4S.

yeah i got the email and it instructed me to login, and i did. put in my imei number and my email and its still processing. i figured because its sunday it might take extra time.. just dont know what im waiting to get..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.