Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:57 AM   #1
Abandapart82
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Abandapart82
Lost my new iPhone 5...have insurance...this sucks.

Left my phone at Olive Garden, went back and it magically disappeared. Manager said he can't do anything since we don't known who took it. Anyway I filed a claim with asurion and after all the horrors stories of them taking weeks to replace iPhones I wonder if AT&T will just reset my upgrade eligibility so I can just get one from the apple store.

Has anybody done this or am i stuck with the stupid insurance.

Last edited by Abandapart82; Nov 4, 2012 at 01:10 AM.
Abandapart82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:02 AM   #2
mikejg
macrumors newbie

*who not whom*

You will most likely have to go through the insurance. It's a separate entity than AT&T and I don't see AT&T just giving you a replacement if you have the insurance (as that's what it's for).
mikejg is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:10 AM   #3
hoon2999
macrumors member

Not really an answer to your question but this is why you need to register your iPhone with findmyiphone.
My friend had same issue. Lost his iPhone5. But luckily we were able to track that mother******* down to shopping mall with logging in with my phone.
Did we get em? It was in his friend's(not anymore) purse.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:17 AM   #4
Abandapart82
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoon2999 View Post
Not really an answer to your question but this is why you need to register your iPhone with findmyiphone.
My friend had same issue. Lost his iPhone5. But luckily we were able to track that mother******* down to shopping mall with logging in with my phone.
Did we get em? It was in his friend's(not anymore) purse.
Tried find my iPhone. The phone was either turned off or the bastard wiped it real quick. Either way I'm screwed.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:19 AM   #5
modthispny
macrumors newbie

same thing happened to me last weekend, but i had no insurance.

you will get a check for the full retail value of your phone, minus deductible.

find my iphone is irrelevant unless phone is picked up by accident and is not turned off, once turned off, it's done..you will not get it back.
modthispny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:22 AM   #6
hoon2999
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abandapart82 View Post
Tried find my iPhone. The phone was either turned off or the bastard wiped it real quick. Either way I'm screwed.
Damn Im sorry to hear that. Anyway from my knowledge, AT&T deactivates and block the IMEI once the phone is reported as stolen. And with those report, I think you can claim a replacement through insurance. Cant be sure but atleast give it a try
Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:44 AM   #7
Abandapart82
macrumors member

I'm sending them all the info they need tomorrow. Includes photo ID, Signed affidavit, and a few other things. I do hope they send me a check for the full retail value. That would make my life so much easier.
Abandapart82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:29 AM   #8
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Left my phone at Olive Garden, went back and it magically disappeared. Manager said he can't do anything since we don't known who took it. Anyway I filed a claim with asurion and after all the horrors stories of them taking weeks to replace iPhones I wonder if AT&T will just reset my upgrade eligibility so I can just get one from the apple store.

AT&T will not reset your upgrade.
You will have to wait till your contract is over to get another subsidy from them.
Next time be more carefull.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:06 AM   #9
Mr.C
macrumors 68020

This is one of the reasons I don't leave my phone out on the table or anywhere else when I'm out and about. I see a lot of people doing that and its a wonder more phones don't get left behind or stolen. If I'm not using my phone then its in my pocket at all times. I don't want to run the risk of leaving it behind or someone swiping it.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:34 AM   #10
OriginalClone
macrumors regular

Quote:

I lost my 4S like 2 weeks before I upgraded and filed a claim. Asurion sent me a brand new 4S I gave to my mom.
OriginalClone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone