Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 4, 2012, 05:13 AM   #1
randystand
macrumors 6502

iPhone 5 weird battery issue

I put my iPhone 5 on charge at night, I wake up and it's at 100% full charge, I take the lighting connector out and it immediately jumps to 99%. So I turn the phone off & then back on and it's at 100% again and takes a good while on Safari or twitter or Facebook to decrease. I've drained it totally and re charged it etc. Not sure what's wrong with it. Any ideas?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 05:24 AM   #2
aphexacid
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by randystand View Post
I put my iPhone 5 on charge at night, I wake up and it's at 100% full charge, I take the lighting connector out and it immediately jumps to 99%. So I turn the phone off & then back on and it's at 100% again and takes a good while on Safari or twitter or Facebook to decrease. I've drained it totally and re charged it etc. Not sure what's wrong with it. Any ideas?
Yeah happens to me too. In fact, its been this way since the 4 and 4S.
Seems like it gets better, and goes away the older the phone gets.
I get excellent battery life, it just seems that the software and the battery arent exactly in perfect sync.

I really don't know why it does it. As long as you get good battery life, don't worry about it.
aphexacid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:58 AM   #3
propalitet
macrumors member

At some point when it's fully charged, it will stop charging and start discharging, when it drops to a certain point it will start charging again. It will still show 100% but when you disconnect it shows actual charge. At least that's how it works on macbooks. I guess to prevent overheating and/or keeping the battery healthy.
If you want it to be at 100% you need to disconnect it and connect it again until it's at 100% again.
propalitet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:13 AM   #4
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

well the phone is never really at "full" charge. It just stops charging once it reaches 100% to save battery, then it dies a little when you take it off. When you see that prong symbol on the battery that means its not gonna charge anymore unless you do something to drain the battery
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone