Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
Maybe i'm missing something but I can't find it anywhere on their site. I want an lte model and i was hoping to preorder.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Same reason why Honda doesn't sell Toyota cars on their lot. Apple and Amazon are now competitors. I wouldn't expect to see Kindle Fire tablets at the Apple store.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Same reason why Honda doesn't sell Toyota cars on their lot. Apple and Amazon are now competitors. I wouldn't expect to see Kindle Fire tablets at the Apple store.

Why would anyone want to buy an apple product from amazon? I personally prefer the apple experience.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Why would anyone want to buy an apple product from amazon? I personally prefer the apple experience.

Because Amazon has one of the best and easiest return policies in the business. They also have excellent customer service. I'm a loyal Amazon customer because of how they treat their customers.

I have bought all my iPad's from Apple but if Amazon sold them i'd get it from them.

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
amazon will sell them shortly or a vendor will sell them through amazon. it'll be there, just not as soon as you'd like.

and i get why the poster would like to buy from amazon: free fast shipping, possibly no tax, maybe they have rewards/gift cards etc.

Ellethor

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2012
Venezuela
Another Country

the people who lives in another country (my case) need the sell from Amazon to have the experience... My ipod touch, mi iphone, etc were bought in amazon... because is the only way to.. so, the importance of the sell of the ipad mini from Amazon is all to us (the people who live out USA)...:(

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Because Amazon has one of the best and easiest return policies in the business. They also have excellent customer service. I'm a loyal Amazon customer because of how they treat their customers.

I have bought all my iPad's from Apple but if Amazon sold them i'd get it from them.

Apple also has a very liberal return policy as well.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Apple also has a very liberal return policy as well.

True but if you want to return something to Amazon it's even easier.

Go to your account, select return item, you are taken to the UPS print your tracking label. You select if you want to drop it off with UPS or have a scheduled UPS pickup all for free. If you select UPS pickup they show up the next day and pickup your item. No phone calls, nothing. It's all done from your computer.

Once the package is delivered you are refunded your money in full. No Apple question has a nice return policy but Amazon takes it a few steps further. I've used both and Amazon wins hands down at least for me.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
True but if you want to return something to Amazon it's even easier.

Go to your account, select return item, you are taken to the UPS print your tracking label. You select if you want to drop it off with UPS or have a scheduled UPS pickup all for free. If you select UPS pickup they show up the next day and pickup your item. No phone calls, nothing. It's all done from your computer.

Once the package is delivered you are refunded your money in full. No Apple question has a nice return policy but Amazon takes it a few steps further. I've used both and Amazon wins hands down at least for me.

I typically go to the apple store when i want to return an apple product.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I typically go to the apple store when i want to return an apple product.

OK and that's a nice feature of their return policy but it's time and gas for me. The nearest Apple stores are over a 100 miles in each direction. If you want to return something via the Apple website you can initiate a return but typically from my experience you need to call them for a prepaid return label.

Like I said both Apple and Amazon have great return policies but Amazon just makes the process a whole lot easier at least for me.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
It's about stock levels, and keeping customers, Amazon customers.

It hard to get any Apple kit from them when it's new and in short supply.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
Actually they do sell regular iPads from what I can see, so the whole competition argument doesn't really hold up. In addition they sell tons of apple laptops accessories etc.

And i have a gift card, so that saves me some money which is why i want to buy it from there.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Actually they do sell regular iPads from what I can see, so the whole competition argument doesn't really hold up. In addition they sell tons of apple laptops accessories etc.

And i have a gift card, so that saves me some money which is why i want to buy it from there.

No they don't. You're wrong. Those are vendors selling it through amazon. Amazon doesn't sell it directly so the competition argument is still valid.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
Is the return policy the same for Amazon if you buy a product sold by a vendor that utilizes Amazon for its shipping/distribution?

g808

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I also wanted to buy one from Amazon since I have a ton of gift cards, but I figure it will be awhile before they have any in stock. I'm not the most patient person, and really want one after playing with the mini at the Apple store. Ordered one for pickup last night!

Never thought l'd want one, but it's one of those things where you need to experience it first hand. Love the size and the weight is perfect for holding for long periods of time. The iPad is just too heavy for prolonged usage. Glad my eyes aren't as sensitive as most, so the non-retina doesn't bother me. I really like my Nexus 7, so it'll be interesting to see which gets more use at home. Choice is a great problem to have!

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Is the return policy the same for Amazon if you buy a product sold by a vendor that utilizes Amazon for its shipping/distribution?

If it was fulfilled by amazon, policy remains the same since amazon will take care of it. If the vendor shipped it on their own, then you would have to contact the vendor directly.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
AFAIK, Amazon never sold iPad 1, 2, & 3 THEMSELVES so I wouldn't expect it for the iPad 4 and the mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.