Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kayla90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
My internal speaker connector is damaged, can it be repaired? Also is it safe sending out my Macbook Pro to those repair guys on ebay?

Thanks

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
You can do it yourself if you order the speaker from iFixit. Putting a new speaker in will take about 15-20 minutes, and, IMO, is much safer than sending it to some random person who will most likely do the same thing.

Kayla90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
You can do it yourself if you order the speaker from iFixit. Putting a new speaker in will take about 15-20 minutes, and, IMO, is much safer than sending it to some random person who will most likely do the same thing.

So all I have to do is replace the speaker? Someone said it's damaged and it needs soldering.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Ah actually apologies, I only noticed the cable!

It does look like the points are gone - which looks like it'll need a new MLB. You could, in theory, solder it back on, but I certainly wouldn't trust any local place to do that!

Kayla90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Ah actually apologies, I only noticed the cable!

It does look like the points are gone - which looks like it'll need a new MLB. You could, in theory, solder it back on, but I certainly wouldn't trust any local place to do that!

ok thank you very much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.