Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:54 AM   #1
hyphz
macrumors newbie

When Migration Assistant moves "Applications", what does it actually move?

Specifically, does it move related application files in the Library folder?

I'm hoping to get one of the new desktop macs from the current run to replace my ancient MacBook Pro, and would like to be able to transfer from the Pro to the new desktop. But, the Pro has a fair amount of cruft on it - most obviously drivers from old pieces of hardware that I no longer use. How can I make sure they don't get transferred?
hyphz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 03:41 PM   #2
desertman
macrumors 6502

I used the Migration Assistant twice to move Adobe's Creative Suite from one hard drive to another and it worked great. I therefore assume, that not just the application folders get copied but the related stuff in Library and elsewhere too.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store