Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jodieforever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I downloaded some apps for my iPod and didn't know how to put them onto my iPod. Anyway, I've spent all night googling it and I've realised that you need to check 'applications' in the general tab.

My problem is that my general tab doesn't have applications?

iLLUMI

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2012
I believe all you need to do is connect up your iPod to iTunes then simply double click the apps you downloaded and iTunes should automatically install them on the iPod.

jodieforever

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
I believe all you need to do is connect up your iPod to iTunes then simply double click the apps you downloaded and iTunes should automatically install them on the iPod.

I will try that. :)

Edit: Nothing happens except for a blue ring highlighting the application.

Did you download the apps to your computer in iTunes and now want to get them on your iPod Touch ?

Yes. :)

Thank you for replying.

Dorje Sylas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
First check to make sure the Apps are on your computer. Click on the Apps icon under the Library heading. Confirm they are there.

Second confirm that your iPod Touch is compatible with the Apps. Which generation iPod Touch do you have?

ID your iPod if you don't already know: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353

Check to make sure you meet the minimum iOS for the Apps. Click on your iPod under Devices while it is connected, click summery, look at version number.

If all of the above is correct and you meet the requirments for the Apps, click on the Apps tab next to Summery. Check Sync Apps. Check the Apps you wish to add. If you wish see if "Automatically sync new Apps" is check (if not checking this will automatically add news Apps baught through iTunes every time you Sync/Back up your iPod Touch.

Also make sure your iTunes software is up to date.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
On iPod touch

1. Open "App Store"
2. Click "Updates"
3. Click "Purchased"

Install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.