Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 4, 2012, 03:56 PM   #1
allupons
macrumors member

streaming server for appletv

Is there seriously no equivalent to something like ps3mediaserver for the appletv? The closest thing I have found thus far is Beamer for Mac, but that requires you sit at the computer to start the movie. If I am failing to see the obvious way to stream our non-mp4 files to the apple tv, please let me know.
allupons is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:41 AM   #2
TheDareDevil
macrumors newbie

AFAIK converting your Media to .mp4 and importing to iTunes is the only direct option. Otherwise you'rl have to get a JB ATV 2 or stream through a 3rd device, e.g. an iPad.
TheDareDevil is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater