Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thegolem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
England
All of a sudden my iPad 1 keyboard has started appearing higher up the screen. Is this happening to anyone else. I actually thought about this when I first got it and it's something of a godsend to suddenly find it change altough it doesn't feel quite as comfortable because it's harder for my Palms to take the weight when the keyboard is lower down but I'm definately typing faster and it's only been like this 10 mins. I connected it to iTunes for the first time in a while today but I didn't notice anything about an update or anything.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
All of a sudden my iPad 1 keyboard has started appearing higher up the screen. Is this happening to anyone else. I actually thought about this when I first got it and it's something of a godsend to suddenly find it change altough it doesn't feel quite as comfortable because it's harder for my Palms to take the weight when the keyboard is lower down but I'm definately typing faster and it's only been like this 10 mins. I connected it to iTunes for the first time in a while today but I didn't notice anything about an update or anything.

That's a feature of iOS 5 - movable and split keyboard. Hold down the keyboard icon on the keyboard's lower right hand corner.

Thegolem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
England
Oh yeah! I just thought that was to lower the keyboard. When I undock it Again now it goes higher up the screen. How do I get it back to About 3/4 of the way up?

Thegolem

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2012
England
I've figured out what's happening. You have to hold down the keyboard icon at the edge where the three little lines are and then you can adjust the height...I think anyway. It does'nt seem to want to do it all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.