Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:39 PM   #1
macmulisha
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: florida
Apple TV with LED TV issue

I have my Apple TV sitting under a Sharp LED TV. The TV is 7 months old and is starting to blacken in the same corner as the Apple TV. Coincidence or did I get a bad TV? Searched but haven't found anything. Thank you!!
macmulisha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Bad TV.


Well at least you are not going tell Sharp, I think my Apple TV may have cause this... then Sharp is going to say what? "OK then go talk to Apple" and Apple will say "Huh?"
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:54 AM   #3
Podifer
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bad TV I reckon - we've got a Samsung LED TV, which is about a year old now. ATV2 sits right below the left corner and gets used most days. Not had any issues, and not come across anyone else with problems.

At least your problem has come to light during the warranty period - time to give them a call.
Podifer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:20 PM   #4
macmulisha
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: florida
Thanks Podifer and Mrbobb!!
macmulisha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:27 AM   #5
Zetaprime
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmulisha View Post
I have my Apple TV sitting under a Sharp LED TV. The TV is 7 months old and is starting to blacken in the same corner as the Apple TV. Coincidence or did I get a bad TV? Searched but haven't found anything. Thank you!!
I've had mine under the left side of my Panasonic LED TV for about a year. Its presence there has had absolutely no effect on the TV. I think it's just a coincidence
Zetaprime is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:02 PM   #6
macmulisha
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: florida
Update for anybody that cares...TV was replaced with no questions asked. Apple TV and 2012 Mac Mini tucked back under the corner.
macmulisha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:30 PM   #7
WesCole
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmulisha View Post
Update for anybody that cares...TV was replaced with no questions asked. Apple TV and 2012 Mac Mini tucked back under the corner.
Wow...usually they will send a repair person to replace things before they replace it...good service right there...

I had an OLD HP plasma TV several years ago that kept randomly frying the power supply. They sent a technician out 5 or 6 times in 7 months to replace the same boards in the TV. Then, they finally gave me a replacement...it was a hassle.
__________________
2010 15" MacBook Pro, Anti-Glare Hi-Res, 2.4 i5 128 GB SSD & 500GB HDD in optibay; iPhone 5 32GB; ATV3; 2011 Core i7 27" iMac 2GB VRAM; "New" iPad 32GB AT&T 4G; 2012 MacBook Air 13", i7, 8GB, 256GB
WesCole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:45 PM   #8
macmulisha
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesCole View Post
Wow...usually they will send a repair person to replace things before they replace it...good service right there...

I had an OLD HP plasma TV several years ago that kept randomly frying the power supply. They sent a technician out 5 or 6 times in 7 months to replace the same boards in the TV. Then, they finally gave me a replacement...it was a hassle.
The repair guy looked at the TV for maybe 30 seconds and said you have a bad panel let me step out and call Sharp. It was Geek Squad. My first time dealing with them.
macmulisha is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Resolved: Power led flashing but no Red LED RAM trays? BDM STUDIOS NL Mac Pro 1 Jan 9, 2014 09:02 AM
Apple TV: jailBreak Issue LED flashing .. harleymhs Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Oct 7, 2013 12:34 PM
2007 MBP LED Issue Nickhamm MacBook Pro 1 Jan 21, 2013 04:59 AM
Any tips for LED screen sensitive people & Where can I buy a new pre LED macbook pro? CurlyNYC MacBook Pro 22 Oct 13, 2012 01:55 PM
An issue with my new Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" LED LCD Monitor jim468 Mac Peripherals 8 Jul 23, 2012 06:17 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC