Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 4, 2012, 06:39 PM   #1
macmulisha
macrumors member

Apple TV with LED TV issue

I have my Apple TV sitting under a Sharp LED TV. The TV is 7 months old and is starting to blacken in the same corner as the Apple TV. Coincidence or did I get a bad TV? Searched but haven't found anything. Thank you!!
macmulisha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Bad TV.

Well at least you are not going tell Sharp, I think my Apple TV may have cause this... then Sharp is going to say what? "OK then go talk to Apple" and Apple will say "Huh?"
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:54 AM   #3
Podifer
macrumors newbie

Bad TV I reckon - we've got a Samsung LED TV, which is about a year old now. ATV2 sits right below the left corner and gets used most days. Not had any issues, and not come across anyone else with problems.

At least your problem has come to light during the warranty period - time to give them a call.
Podifer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:20 PM   #4
macmulisha
macrumors member

Thanks Podifer and Mrbobb!!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:27 AM   #5
Zetaprime
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmulisha View Post
I have my Apple TV sitting under a Sharp LED TV. The TV is 7 months old and is starting to blacken in the same corner as the Apple TV. Coincidence or did I get a bad TV? Searched but haven't found anything. Thank you!!
I've had mine under the left side of my Panasonic LED TV for about a year. Its presence there has had absolutely no effect on the TV. I think it's just a coincidence
Zetaprime is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:02 PM   #6
macmulisha
macrumors member

Update for anybody that cares...TV was replaced with no questions asked. Apple TV and 2012 Mac Mini tucked back under the corner.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:30 PM   #7
WesCole
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmulisha View Post
Update for anybody that cares...TV was replaced with no questions asked. Apple TV and 2012 Mac Mini tucked back under the corner.
Wow...usually they will send a repair person to replace things before they replace it...good service right there...

I had an OLD HP plasma TV several years ago that kept randomly frying the power supply. They sent a technician out 5 or 6 times in 7 months to replace the same boards in the TV. Then, they finally gave me a replacement...it was a hassle.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:45 PM   #8
macmulisha
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesCole View Post
Wow...usually they will send a repair person to replace things before they replace it...good service right there...

I had an OLD HP plasma TV several years ago that kept randomly frying the power supply. They sent a technician out 5 or 6 times in 7 months to replace the same boards in the TV. Then, they finally gave me a replacement...it was a hassle.
The repair guy looked at the TV for maybe 30 seconds and said you have a bad panel let me step out and call Sharp. It was Geek Squad. My first time dealing with them.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater