Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmulisha

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
florida
I have my Apple TV sitting under a Sharp LED TV. The TV is 7 months old and is starting to blacken in the same corner as the Apple TV. Coincidence or did I get a bad TV? Searched but haven't found anything. Thank you!!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Bad TV.

Well at least you are not going tell Sharp, I think my Apple TV may have cause this... then Sharp is going to say what? "OK then go talk to Apple" and Apple will say "Huh?"

Podifer

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012
Bad TV I reckon - we've got a Samsung LED TV, which is about a year old now. ATV2 sits right below the left corner and gets used most days. Not had any issues, and not come across anyone else with problems.

At least your problem has come to light during the warranty period - time to give them a call.

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
I have my Apple TV sitting under a Sharp LED TV. The TV is 7 months old and is starting to blacken in the same corner as the Apple TV. Coincidence or did I get a bad TV? Searched but haven't found anything. Thank you!!

I've had mine under the left side of my Panasonic LED TV for about a year. Its presence there has had absolutely no effect on the TV. I think it's just a coincidence

macmulisha

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
florida
Update for anybody that cares...TV was replaced with no questions asked. Apple TV and 2012 Mac Mini tucked back under the corner.

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Update for anybody that cares...TV was replaced with no questions asked. Apple TV and 2012 Mac Mini tucked back under the corner.

Wow...usually they will send a repair person to replace things before they replace it...good service right there...

I had an OLD HP plasma TV several years ago that kept randomly frying the power supply. They sent a technician out 5 or 6 times in 7 months to replace the same boards in the TV. Then, they finally gave me a replacement...it was a hassle.

macmulisha

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
florida
Wow...usually they will send a repair person to replace things before they replace it...good service right there...

I had an OLD HP plasma TV several years ago that kept randomly frying the power supply. They sent a technician out 5 or 6 times in 7 months to replace the same boards in the TV. Then, they finally gave me a replacement...it was a hassle.

The repair guy looked at the TV for maybe 30 seconds and said you have a bad panel let me step out and call Sharp. It was Geek Squad. My first time dealing with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.