Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:09 PM   #1
McPaul
macrumors member

Frequent Wifi drops with every apple device

hi there,

having this problem where my wifi drops several times per day... maybe 10, maybe 20... on all my apple devices. ...actually, all but an iPad 1.

I'm using a MacBook 13" 2 GHz intel core 2 duo. I think it's 2008 or so running 10.5.8

I bought and returned a 15" retina MBP this summer... same problem.

I bought an iPad4 today and it's experiencing the same problem.

My iPad1 seems to have no problems

My work computer, a Lenovo Windows PC, has no problems.

It seems to have only done this since I downgraded my Telus package including the regular high speed internet from the super high speed internet, whatever they call it... Telus says everything is fine on their end. I have also reset and powercycled the box with no success. (it's a modem/router in one that they provide) My wifi password is WPA2 with AE5 encryption (read that had been an issue for some people elsewhere)

Has anyone experienced this before? thoughts?

Last edited by McPaul; Nov 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
McPaul is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help