Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 5, 2012, 02:27 AM   #1
AlvinNguyen
macrumors 6502a

Can an iPad Mini + generous data plan replace an iPhone?

I find that I use my iPad more and more recently. Lets just hypothetically speaking that an iPad mini has a retina screen (inevitable). Would you be able to replace a phone with an iPad mini with say, unlimited data (which I have), or even a 5gb plan?

What would you use in conjunction with iMessage? I have never explored google voice but I'm assuming that's an option. What about calling? I don't talk on the phone much but that's definitely an option.

I can see with the right device the tablet will someday merge with the phone, what do you guys think it will take for this to happen?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 03:29 AM   #2
HowardSmith
Banned

Maybe it could the replace the phone for a few, but most prefer to and must have a full operating phone. How would you receive calls?
HowardSmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad