Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:27 AM   #1
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

3 days

After 3 days looks retina to me. The screen doesn't bother me at all. The human body is made to adapt if you guys didn't know. All those bad comments about the screen were more like first expressions not actual daily usage. Because I must admit. The first day I was like ehh. Look at that pixel, look at that one! Now I don't notice them at all unless I stare and look for them. I was also able to do this with my iPad 3.

So those that are holding back because "not retina" should buy it. You have 15 days to return it. If after 14 days you feel the screen still bothers you (I doubt it will) just return it.

Last edited by GeorgieAcevedo; Nov 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Fixed date
GeorgieAcevedo is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Shadowbech
macrumors 6502a

I think it's 14 days return policy for any product purchased from Apple Store, with the exception of the iPhone (which is 30 days).
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:32 AM   #3
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbech View Post
I think it's 14 days return policy for any product purchased from Apple Store, with the exception of the iPhone (which is 30 days).
Fixed!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:33 AM   #4
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

I think it's until January 31 for any product purchased within the holiday period :-)
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:18 PM   #5
aleni
macrumors 68000

the bad thing is i have an iphone 5 too. so whenever after looking the iPhone 5, the iPad mini seems pixelated, but not as bad as the old iPad 2
aleni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:22 PM   #6
nfl46
macrumors 601

It will take a few days for your eyes to get adjusted coming from a retina device. The human brain will adapt, though.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:23 PM   #7
Hpye
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgieAcevedo View Post
After 3 days looks retina to me. The screen doesn't bother me at all. The human body is made to adapt if you guys didn't know. All those bad comments about the screen were more like first expressions not actual daily usage. Because I must admit. The first day I was like ehh. Look at that pixel, look at that one! Now I don't notice them at all unless I stare and look for them. I was also able to do this with my iPad 3.

So those that are holding back because "not retina" should buy it. You have 15 days to return it. If after 14 days you feel the screen still bothers you (I doubt it will) just return it.
You are absolutely right, the screen got better on ipad mini after using it several days. When i have ipad 2 a few years ago, the screen is gorgeous, and after switching it to ipad 3 , ipad 2 looks bad. However, when i first saw my ipad mini it was a really bad screen but after using it several days, it dramtically looks better, same experience i had when i first get my ipad 2
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:43 PM   #8
nickftw8686
macrumors regular

I went from a nexus 7 to the mini and did not see a big difference, both screens are nice to me... Maybe if i was used to a retina device i would of noticed a huge difference but I can read things without my eyes hurting and its clear, that is a winner for me lol.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:52 PM   #9
glen e
macrumors 68030

3 days in for me, coming from a ipad3 and a 4S phone. I immediately thought the screen was not hard to read, but washed out vs the other apple stuff I own. But never a problem with the "little fonts" or reading the web. But in using it out of the house, on business, and in general carrying it around, it's really nice. Yeah, I'll buy a retina when they do it, but am not lamenting my purchase whatsoever now....
glen e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:14 PM   #10
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleni View Post
the bad thing is i have an iphone 5 too. so whenever after looking the iPhone 5, the iPad mini seems pixelated, but not as bad as the old iPad 2
I have a 5 too. But to be honest my iPhone has been getting no love after I got my mini. I use the mini all day and carry it everywhere my iPhone just stays in my pocket waiting for a phone call and tethering to the iPad when I'm on the go.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:27 PM   #11
Shadowbech
macrumors 6502a

Haha same here. I've been using my mini more than my 4S.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:16 PM   #12
kappaknight
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleni View Post
WOW REALLY?!?! THAT'S NEWS TO ME!!! I wonder why that is. Could it be the laws of physics actually work as intended? This is certainly the first time I'm hearing about this.
kappaknight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:25 PM   #13
zhenya
macrumors 68020

You will adapt in that you'll kind of forget about it and it will seem normal. It won't make reading full page, unzoomed text any easier in portrait mode, though.
zhenya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:29 PM   #14
spiralynth
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
I think it's until January 31 for any product purchased within the holiday period :-)
January 7.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:30 PM   #15
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

so funny, force yourself to like the product by saying that you look at the hideous screen long enough you will start to like it.

Why not just get new retina ipad and not having to wait to get used to ugly screen????
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:30 PM   #16
Gix1k
macrumors 68020

No regrets selling my iPad 3. The size and weight of this mini is perfect! Perfect!
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Gix1k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:03 PM   #17
GeorgieAcevedo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
so funny, force yourself to like the product by saying that you look at the hideous screen long enough you will start to like it.

Why not just get new retina ipad and not having to wait to get used to ugly screen????
Because the mini is better.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 09:35 PM   #18
Poochi
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post

What OP said is true...

I have been using it since day 1... and now it does not bother me at all.

I can even switch between mini, iPad 3 and iPhone 5 and mini is no longer an eyesore...

Strange isn't it? Mind boggling...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:55 AM   #19
Hello...
macrumors 6502a

I also noticed this. When I sold my ipad three only for the first day did I miss the retina display after that everything seems normal.
Hello... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:09 AM   #20
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralynth View Post
January 7.
My bad.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:22 AM   #21
Mr.damien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgieAcevedo View Post
After 3 days looks retina to me. The screen doesn't bother me at all. The human body is made to adapt if you guys didn't know.
Yeah, and it's even more true when I take a look at games I was playing on NES when I was kid.

My brain was adding frames and details to the screen that stayed in my memory that wasn't there once I played the games again on emulation
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:27 AM   #22
Mikhailov
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.damien View Post
Yeah, and it's even more true when I take a look at games I was playing on NES when I was kid.

My brain was adding frames and details to the screen that stayed in my memory that wasn't there once I played the games again on emulation
It's the same when I play Super Mario Bros. 3 on my 50" Plasma HDTV. It looks horrible, but it doesn't make it any less fun to play, but that game was state of the art graphics at the time.

I imagine it's the same going from iPad 3 to iPad mini. It's tough to look at, but no less fun.
Mikhailov is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad