Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:10 PM   #51
orangebluedevil
macrumors 6502

Glad this is working well for people. As said above it's definitely very easy and pretty damn reliable. If you try for 2-3 days you should be able to get what you want.

..unless you live in Texas. Fingers crossed for tonight though.
orangebluedevil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:13 PM   #52
xtalicious
macrumors newbie

I tried last night to no avail. However, I'm not too bothered by it. As someone mentioned, it's easy enough to check and I'm in no hurry for the iPad mini. I like the idea of being certain that I'll walk out with one when I go to a store.
xtalicious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:26 PM   #53
ohla313
macrumors 6502a

Got a Black 32GB and a White 32GB in DC and MD!
ohla313 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:33 PM   #54
MicroByte
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebluedevil View Post
Glad this is working well for people. As said above it's definitely very easy and pretty damn reliable. If you try for 2-3 days you should be able to get what you want.

..unless you live in Texas. Fingers crossed for tonight though.
No kidding! I saw one 32gb show up last night and that was it.

Crossing fingers tonight is the night!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:53 PM   #55
PBG4 Dude
macrumors 65816

Seems to be plenty in southern New England.
PBG4 Dude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:01 PM   #56
LBInjSurfer
macrumors newbie

Atlantic City, NJ store will have them tomorrow morning

Last night (11/05/12) at around 9:58pmEST, I was able to order a Black 16gb Mini with the store pick-up option at The Pier in Atlantic City, NJ. I drove over to the coast today and picked it up without any problems. The store employees told me that they were going to be putting Mini's on the floor this evening for in-store sale tomorrow morning. The only iPad Mini sales they've had so far were from the store pick-ups.

So far I've enjoyed the Mini. I bought an iPad 2 last November because my pc laptop was on the fritz. I recently made the switch and bought a 15" MBP, so I don't have much use for my full size iPad (I use it to view my ebook college textbooks) and gave it to my girlfriend.

Good luck if you're planning on getting a Mini tomorrow.
LBInjSurfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:06 PM   #57
orangebluedevil
macrumors 6502

sweet! finally got one in Houston. 16GB white. The online store.apple.com actually saw it first, before the app.

----------

Woah, that was quick. They are sold out in Houston within 3 minutes and were only available at 1 store. Supply appears to be very short for the 16GB White (not new news)
orangebluedevil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:09 PM   #58
darkknight11
macrumors member

Quote:
sweet! finally got one in Houston. 16GB white. the store.apple.com actually saw it first, before the app.

----------

Woah, that was quick. They are sold out in Houston within 3 minutes and were only available at 1 store. Supply appears to be very short for the 16GB White (not new news)
got a white 16GB this AM in NYC! ordered last night at 10:00:01. love it so far!!!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:12 PM   #59
DJinTX
macrumors 6502

Well, if you are in Austin, TX and want a 32GB black mini, there are plenty in stock for reservations to pick up tomorrow. For those of us who want a 16GB, we are screwed yet again. This was supposed to be our big shipment, and those of us who can only afford the 16GB model have to go on waiting. Who knows when we will get another shot.

I repeat from my previous post in this thread...This...Completely...Blows!
DJinTX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:50 PM   #60
PrayForDeath
macrumors 6502

I may be missing something. Where exactly do you see real-time inventory for pickup? I did as instructed before, added iPad mini to my cart, and checked both the app and the website, and neither one gave me an option to pickup. Both only show free shipping with 2-week expected delivery date.

Edit: I can't even choose pickup for regular iPad which is in stock. All I'm seeing is free shipping.
PrayForDeath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:59 PM   #61
MicroByte
macrumors 6502

Quote:
sweet! finally got one in Houston. 16GB white. The online store.apple.com actually saw it first, before the app.

----------

I saw that one, that's how I knew Dallas didn't have any you're right, stock went quick and looked like it was the only store in Texas that had one. Congratulations on getting one.

I'm going to call tomorrow anyways to ask. 32gb still see to be available, but I just want a 16gb. Maybe tomorrow night.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:18 AM   #62
sk2sep2304
macrumors regular

I was contemplating on driving 120 miles roundtrip for a white 16gb. When i decided to go for it, it was too late and someone had already paid for it.

What was I thinking..
sk2sep2304 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:06 AM   #63
Silver5656
macrumors member

man that was quick, i checked at exactly 10pm, a couple showed available and i chose the closest and by the time i checked out it was not available, damn
Silver5656 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:08 AM   #64
OT2000
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver5656 View Post
man that was quick, i checked at exactly 10pm, a couple showed available and i chose the closest and by the time i checked out it was not available, damn
Damn, I haven't even had the option for availability for the 3rd night in a row.
OT2000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:10 AM   #65
sk2sep2304
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver5656 View Post
same with me. something tells me express checkout on an ios device is the way to go.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:24 AM   #66
Silver5656
macrumors member

well I was able to get a 32 white mini (I wanted the 16), but it was further away, and at a higher tax rate...... semi-boo
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:28 AM   #67
antimax
macrumors newbie

What I want to know is, are they continually putting up inventory from 10pm - 4am? Or is it like... once you miss the first batch, that's it for that store for the night? Does anyone know?

Because I don't really want to sit here refreshing my cart til 4am if there's no chance of a store near me getting an inventory refresh...
antimax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:33 AM   #68
Silver5656
macrumors member

from what i've read, if its not available before 1030(ish), it wont be available at 4
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:13 AM   #69
DJinTX
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayForDeath View Post
I may be missing something. Where exactly do you see real-time inventory for pickup? I did as instructed before, added iPad mini to my cart, and checked both the app and the website, and neither one gave me an option to pickup. Both only show free shipping with 2-week expected delivery date.

Edit: I can't even choose pickup for regular iPad which is in stock. All I'm seeing is free shipping.
So, after you select color/capacity, and engraving options and then put it in your cart, the default selection is for 2 week shipping. There is a second radio button that allows you to select for in store pick-up. Once you click this you enter your zip code and it shows all the nearby stores and next to each will either say "in stock", or "not available for pick-up". You can do this both on the Apple store online, or using the Apple Store App. If you are not seeing the option for in store pick-up then I'm not sure what is wrong for you. I think you said you were in Canada, so maybe it doesn't work for the Canadian Apple Store.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by antimax View Post
What I want to know is, are they continually putting up inventory from 10pm - 4am? Or is it like... once you miss the first batch, that's it for that store for the night? Does anyone know?

Because I don't really want to sit here refreshing my cart til 4am if there's no chance of a store near me getting an inventory refresh...
No it is not continual. The online store is "stocked" at 10pm local time with everything that it is going to get for that night. That could range from nothing available for that store, to plenty of stock, and anything in between. Once that inventory has been purchased then there is nothing for the rest of that night. And from what I have read in this thread, who knows when your store will get its next shipment. It could be awhile.
DJinTX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:22 AM   #70
MicroByte
macrumors 6502

Got super lucky this morning. Checked Target.com and found a store that had a 16gb black in my area (Dallas). Drove down and the case was empty. Asked the sales clerk and he came from the back and said it was the only one they had.

Just wanted to pass this on in case anyone wanted to check other sites as well. Best Buy has been a bust, but Target occasionally, had some inventory online, and apparently at stores at times.

As a note - I had checked before I went to bed last night and there was no stock. Checked again at 7:20 am this morning and that's when I noticed that it was in stock. I knew that they had one because they are not open 24 hours a day and the status changed over night. They also open at 8:00 am so I knew at that time, no one would have bought it yet.

I really hope you guys get your soon. Thanks for everyone's tips and advice, it's been fun!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:59 AM   #71
PrayForDeath
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post
So, after you select color/capacity, and engraving options and then put it in your cart, the default selection is for 2 week shipping. There is a second radio button that allows you to select for in store pick-up. Once you click this you enter your zip code and it shows all the nearby stores and next to each will either say "in stock", or "not available for pick-up". You can do this both on the Apple store online, or using the Apple Store App. If you are not seeing the option for in store pick-up then I'm not sure what is wrong for you. I think you said you were in Canada, so maybe it doesn't work for the Canadian Apple Store.
Thanks, ill give it another try tonight. Has anyone in Canada managed to do this successfully?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:11 PM   #72
PrayForDeath
macrumors 6502

Yeah there is no second radio button. Just 2 week shipping. I guess this isn't happening in Canada.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:59 PM   #73
dhy8386
macrumors 6502a

New York stores currently have them. Just reserved one.
dhy8386 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:07 AM   #74
sk2sep2304
macrumors regular

just placed a pickup order for a 16gb wifi.

not getting my hopes up...yet.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:11 AM   #75
OT2000
macrumors regular

No idea how this process works, but its my 4th night without luck. Tried for both 32gb & 16gb White Wifi.

However... I went in this morning and they had two white 32gbs in stock, but had just given them away.
OT2000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad