Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppcg4mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Northwest Kansas
im bored and thought that this would be a good topic.
just post something "cool" that you found/bought in a thrift shop.

the best i can do is a Apple USB keyboard from an iMac, didnt have the money for it on me though.:apple:

Samuriajackon

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
im bored and thought that this would be a good topic.
just post something "cool" that you found/bought in a thrift shop.

the best i can do is a Apple USB keyboard from an iMac, didnt have the money for it on me though.:apple:

I found a new, unopened Beta tape of "The Empire Strikes Back"...and a cigerette lighter that looks like Dick Clarks head....

Dctape

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2007
I found an Apple SE for $20 once. But most recently I got this. I had been thinking about getting into mountain biking. Walked in Saturday morning and saw this for $60. Grabbed it!

-M

Attachments

• 20121103_112742.jpg
    20121103_112742.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 129

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I work at Value Village (Savers to those outside Canada and Australia) and i find awesome tech things all the time. Over the last year alone i've come across 3 iMac G3s, multiple Apple USB keyboards from over the years, iPod mini, multiple iPod nanos from different gens, iPod shuffles, some smashed iPod touch's. Multiple gaming systems from Xbox 360 and PS3 all the way back to Atari 2800 and Coleco Vision (still in box, in great shape). Even found an original white Macbook a few months ago, great condition, but the battery was dead, and no cables.

I could almost shed a tear when i see these things thrown in the garbage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.