Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
I have a 2012 honda crv and the bluetooth with the phone connects and I can make hands free calls out - but I cannot answer calls handsfree. I have tried deleting and re-adding phone, turning off wifi, and turning phone on and off and nothing seems to help. It works fine with my android phone. Does anyone have any other suggestions about what to do or is this common? Thank you.

Farhosteve

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Same problem

Identical situation with 2012 cr-v. Iphone3 worked; Iphone 5 pairs and can make calls but can't answer incoming. Honda says they're aware.
Anyone?

devonxo

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Same issue with my 2012 CR-V as well, but the issue expands far beyond that according to some posts I was reading on the Apple Support boards. It doesn't appear anyone has found a permanent solution or even a temporary solution depending on the car. A beta tester however just hinted that this problem will apparently be fixed in iOS 6.1.. so if we have to deal with fiddling for our phones every time it rings to manually switch it to Bluetooth after answering, hopefully it's not much longer!

But if anyone on here has found a solution, please do share!

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
A lot of folks have had problems taking calls via bluetooth handsfree. It depends on the make of the radio (or make of the car with the same radios depending on how you want to look at it. A solution was posted in the Apple Discussion forum and it works for me (Honda 2013 CR-V no NAVI).

Bruce2125 wrote:I have discovered a workaround for the issue which may be of use to other IOS6/iPhone5 users. I found that by going to Preferences/General/Accessibility/Physical and Motor/Incoming Calls and changing it from Default to Headset forces the iPhone to use the 'Headset' if one is available for incoming calls. As the bluetooth speaker on the handsfree is effectively a 'Headset' incoming calls are directed to the bluetooth speaker. When the phone is out of the car and the handsfree disconnects itself the phone behaves normally.

steadyri

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Same issue with my 2012 CR-V as well, but the issue expands far beyond that according to some posts I was reading on the Apple Support boards. It doesn't appear anyone has found a permanent solution or even a temporary solution depending on the car. A beta tester however just hinted that this problem will apparently be fixed in iOS 6.1.. so if we have to deal with fiddling for our phones every time it rings to manually switch it to Bluetooth after answering, hopefully it's not much longer!

But if anyone on here has found a solution, please do share!

Also have Iphone 5 and 2012 CRV with same problem of not being able to answer incoming call using bluetooth. Just upgraded to IOS 6.1 last night and the problem has gone away!

devonxo

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
That switching to headset setting didn't work for me. But iOS 6.1 came out a few days later, which has resolved the problem as suggested by the beta tester. I was so thrilled!!

GrantY

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Sadly, iOS 6.1 on my iPhone 5 did not solve the problem for a 2012 Altima with Nav.

But there is a difference. Instead of the call ending when I try to answer, bluetooth just disconnects the phone from the car -- but the call is still available on the phone.

Still sucks :(

stevecalleran

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2017
A lot of folks have had problems taking calls via bluetooth handsfree. It depends on the make of the radio (or make of the car with the same radios depending on how you want to look at it. A solution was posted in the Apple Discussion forum and it works for me (Honda 2013 CR-V no NAVI).

Bruce2125 wrote:I have discovered a workaround for the issue which may be of use to other IOS6/iPhone5 users. I found that by going to Preferences/General/Accessibility/Physical and Motor/Incoming Calls and changing it from Default to Headset forces the iPhone to use the 'Headset' if one is available for incoming calls. As the bluetooth speaker on the handsfree is effectively a 'Headset' incoming calls are directed to the bluetooth speaker. When the phone is out of the car and the handsfree disconnects itself the phone behaves normally.

Bruce 2125 - I tried your method with my iphone6 and found that in 'Settings', it's 'General', then 'Accessibility', then 'Call Audio Routing', which gives option for 'Bluetooth Headset'. I had my wife call me and it worked fine after that. Don't know if it will continue, but it's a good start. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.