Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:37 PM   #1
waa1futs
Banned

Exclamation Want to be able to upload files to websites w/ your iPhone? check this out!

I was pissed that I could never upload documents to websites via my iPhone or iPad. I mean for god's sake there wasn't even a jailbreak tweak that I could find to do this

But I just was browsing appshopper price drops and found an app on sale for free called iUploader (http://appshopper.com/utilities/iuploader-pro) that does just this!

I downloaded a word document to the application and then uploaded it to my colleges website as an attachment! It even had a "browse for file" button and I was still able to do it

Finally... I cant believe Apple still hasn't made this possible and that it took a 3rd party app developer to do this. Now the iPhone finally has a sort of modified version of a file system with this app.

And no, I'm not the app developer. Just thought I should spread the word on a hole that just got plugged up for the iPhone.
waa1futs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:41 PM   #2
ozziegn
macrumors 6502a

the app store says it is no longer available.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:42 PM   #3
waa1futs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziegn View Post
the app store says it is no longer available.
I just downloaded it on my iPhone 4s about 10 minutes ago and I just pulled it up on iTunes with my computer.

Not sure what is wrong on your end.

Heres the official Apple link : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id553397767?mt=8
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:44 PM   #4
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

There's a dropbox app already that's been doing this since it's launch so that isn't a big selling point for this.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never wanted to post anything to Craigslist from my phone or iPad. Forums like this allow me to access my photo's to upload so that's a non issue for me. As for documents, I've never had submit it any other way than through an email so again, it's a non issue for me.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:47 PM   #5
mcdj
macrumors 604

Gone.

the item you tried to buy is no longer available
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:49 PM   #6
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

It shows in my iTunes.....there's one review.......it's in Arabic.

***edit, I see what you mean by no longer available. It's there, just can't download it.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:53 PM   #7
waa1futs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
There's a dropbox app already that's been doing this since it's launch so that isn't a big selling point for this.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never wanted to post anything to Craigslist from my phone or iPad.
You most certainly cannot upload files to websites with the iPhone Dropbox application like you claim.

As for your personal preferences of never needing to upload files to websites, I get that. So this app isn't for you... its for the many other people out there, like myself, who actually want the ability to upload files to websites via their iPhone.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
Gone.

the item you tried to buy is no longer available
What?

I purchased it and downloaded it just 30 seconds before this post on my computer. I originally downloaded it on my iPhone 10 minutes ago so it wasn't on my computer.

Weird. What country are you in? I'm in the U.S.

Last edited by waa1futs; Nov 5, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:03 PM   #8
QuasarZ
macrumors member

I'm installing right now.
QuasarZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:05 PM   #9
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by waa1futs View Post
You most certainly cannot upload files to websites like Monster, Craigslist, or anything else that asks you to "browse your files to attach" type of website with the Dropbox application for the iPhone like you claim.
Sorry, I meant i can upload to dropbox from my phone already. I just meant that is the only site I need to upload to or download from on my iDevices. I know I can't do it with the other sites you listed. My bad.

I just haven't heard that big of cry out for the ability to upload to craigslist or monster. If it's something that involves me submitting my resume like USA jobs (I have no idea if they allow you attach from your phone), it's just my preference to do it on a regular computer. I find it much easier filling out all that information on a computer instead of a phone or iPad.

One thing I like about this app is that looks like you have a lot more download options available.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:10 PM   #10
waa1futs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
Sorry, I meant i can upload to dropbox from my phone already. I just meant that is the only site I need to upload to or download from on my iDevices. I know I can't do it with the other sites you listed. My bad.

I just haven't heard that big of cry out for the ability to upload to craigslist or monster. If it's something that involves me submitting my resume like USA jobs (I have no idea if they allow you attach from your phone), it's just my preference to do it on a regular computer. I find it much easier filling out all that information on a computer instead of a phone or iPad.

One thing I like about this app is that looks like you have a lot more download options available.
Anyone, like myself, who uses an iPhone alot or an iPad as their main laptop device with a bluetooth keyboard will love to have the option to upload files to websites.

An example being : my college requires you to upload files to them for my online classes. Before I had to go to the school and use one of their computers to do this. Now I no longer need to with this application I can simply do so on my iPad or iPhone.

I mean if nothing else be happy that the option is there

Even for the PC/Mac types what happens if your laptop dies and you need still need to submit something? Now you have an options.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:23 PM   #11
Johnnyiphone5
macrumors member

Can't you just use the built In IOS feature?
Johnnyiphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:26 PM   #12
waa1futs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyiphone5 View Post
Can't you just use the built In IOS feature?
Because there isn't a "built In IOS" feature

With an iPhone you don't have any ability to upload documents to websites like Monster, Craigslist, or any other website asking you to "browse files" like you normally could on a PC or Mac.

I have looked for years for this ability and was frustrated by zero solutions. Now it's finally here via an app.

Last edited by waa1futs; Nov 5, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
waa1futs is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:28 PM   #13
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

While the college one could come in handy. Again, my only problem is that I can't create these things on my iDevices anyway, (C code, microsoft office documents) so I'm already at my computer working on them and I just submit from there or upload it to dropbox or iCloud and use the computers in my class rooms. It's obviously not geared towards my uses (except maybe the downloaded of various files on web pages).

Since I can't download it and test it, where all can it pull documents from to upload to the web? Will it be able to see any application that stores non-image files?

***edit*** finally got it downloading. I'll try and test it out over the next couple of days. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by vastoholic; Nov 5, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
vastoholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:28 PM   #14
einmusiker
macrumors 68020

I just installed it. Yeah i always get frustrated when i cant upload pics to forums, even macrumors, from my ipad. This will help
Old Nov 5, 2012, 06:28 PM   #15
Myiphone7
Banned

Just got it!
Myiphone7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Daveoc64
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by einmusiker View Post
I just installed it. Yeah i always get frustrated when i cant upload pics to forums, even macrumors, from my ipad. This will help
With iOS 6, you can upload photos - but nothing else.

There are some limitations of it though.
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:54 PM   #17
einmusiker
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
With iOS 6, you can upload photos - but nothing else.

There are some limitations of it though.
I see. Haven't loaded 6 yet. Waiting for a decent maps option

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone