Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Sonhascome
macrumors 6502

Need a little help deciding what to keep

So I have a nice 2011 macbook pro 15" quadcore with applecare for 2 more years. I bought a white ipad 3 16gb on craigslist over the summer for 300 with applecare until march. Then just this past week i bought a 11" macbook air on craigslist for 450 with a 1.6ghz intel core 2 duo with 4gb of ram, a 128gb ssd, and applecare until november of 2013, and a couple of other goodies came a long with it. I bought the air with the intention to resell it on ebay, but I really love it. I didn't think that I would like it since it is so small, but i do. So I need help, I really should get rid of one of the three but don't want to, which should I get rid of? I do a bit of spreadsheet work, writing, a little bit of video editing, and hard drive ereasing/reformatting fairly often on my 15" pro. I feel like i should keep that. Beyond that I mostly do surfing and watching videos that i use the air or ipad for. what do you guys think?
Sonhascome is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:28 AM   #2
r0k
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhascome View Post
So I have a nice 2011 macbook pro 15" quadcore with applecare for 2 more years. I bought a white ipad 3 16gb on craigslist over the summer for 300 with applecare until march. Then just this past week i bought a 11" macbook air on craigslist for 450 with a 1.6ghz intel core 2 duo with 4gb of ram, a 128gb ssd, and applecare until november of 2013, and a couple of other goodies came a long with it. I bought the air with the intention to resell it on ebay, but I really love it. I didn't think that I would like it since it is so small, but i do. So I need help, I really should get rid of one of the three but don't want to, which should I get rid of? I do a bit of spreadsheet work, writing, a little bit of video editing, and hard drive ereasing/reformatting fairly often on my 15" pro. I feel like i should keep that. Beyond that I mostly do surfing and watching videos that i use the air or ipad for. what do you guys think?
It depends on what you use them for but in my case, I use a 15 in late 2011 MBP and a gen 1 iPad. I'm thinking about getting the new iPad mini so it will use the same charger as my iPhone 5 as well as run shared photostreams and eliminate that pesky login for app updates. I don't think I'd keep both the MBA and the iPad. If you find you use the MBA more, then sell the iPad. If you find you use the iPad more, then sell the MBA. There is nothing written in stone about having "too many" machines so you don't have some sort of obligation to eliminate any one of the 3.

I still have the 13 in Macbook I replaced earlier this year and I do have the intention to sell or gift it. For now, it collects dust near my MBP. This is the only clear indication something should be sold: it's collecting dust for over a month.
r0k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:08 AM   #3
cfs112
macrumors member

although I love the air as well, having a MBP and an air is somewhat redundant. sell the air and keep the iPad for your web browsing
cfs112 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice