Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:46 AM   #1
rozner
macrumors member

Calendar doesn't work anymore

Hi all,

I have a Macbook Pro running the latest OSX (10.8.2 I believe). All was running fine but now I can't start Calendar anymore.

When I try to run it. It loads up, I can see the calender but within seconds I get the beach ball and it never comes back. Activity monitor says "not responding". I've tried force quit and relaunch, I also killed the CalendarAgent which seems to only be possible by a kill -9 in the terminal. Also rebooted the machine but same problem. Anyone know how to resolve these kinds of issues? I think there's maybe a cache or some data directory that I can clear although I don't remember where to find that.

Thanks for any help with this.

Matt
rozner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:49 AM   #2
macman312
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozner View Post
Hi all,

I have a Macbook Pro running the latest OSX (10.8.2 I believe). All was running fine but now I can't start Calendar anymore.

When I try to run it. It loads up, I can see the calender but within seconds I get the beach ball and it never comes back. Activity monitor says "not responding". I've tried force quit and relaunch, I also killed the CalendarAgent which seems to only be possible by a kill -9 in the terminal. Also rebooted the machine but same problem. Anyone know how to resolve these kinds of issues? I think there's maybe a cache or some data directory that I can clear although I don't remember where to find that.

Thanks for any help with this.

Matt

make a full backup of the computer including applications and take it to a apple store
macman312 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:52 AM   #3
swiftaw
macrumors 603

Try trashing the plist file. It should be ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal.plist
swiftaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:17 AM   #4
rozner
macrumors member

Got rid of the plist file but no good. Still does the same thing. Just I'm on week view instead of month view when it freezes. I think I may need to delete the data, do you know where it's stored? I have it synced with my phone so it's not a big deal if I have to clear it from here.

I don't think I'll be taking it to the Apple store just yet. That may be a last resort but it's not that critical.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:53 AM   #5
rozner
macrumors member

problem solved

ok so after some googling I found this

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...-its-data.html

basically

Users/myusername/Library/Calendars

I renamed that, and now Calendar starts up fine. It's empty, but that's ok I can resync it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
calendar