Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rozner

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Hi all,

I have a Macbook Pro running the latest OSX (10.8.2 I believe). All was running fine but now I can't start Calendar anymore.

When I try to run it. It loads up, I can see the calender but within seconds I get the beach ball and it never comes back. Activity monitor says "not responding". I've tried force quit and relaunch, I also killed the CalendarAgent which seems to only be possible by a kill -9 in the terminal. Also rebooted the machine but same problem. Anyone know how to resolve these kinds of issues? I think there's maybe a cache or some data directory that I can clear although I don't remember where to find that.

Thanks for any help with this.

Matt

macman312

macrumors 6502
Hi all,

I have a Macbook Pro running the latest OSX (10.8.2 I believe). All was running fine but now I can't start Calendar anymore.

When I try to run it. It loads up, I can see the calender but within seconds I get the beach ball and it never comes back. Activity monitor says "not responding". I've tried force quit and relaunch, I also killed the CalendarAgent which seems to only be possible by a kill -9 in the terminal. Also rebooted the machine but same problem. Anyone know how to resolve these kinds of issues? I think there's maybe a cache or some data directory that I can clear although I don't remember where to find that.

Thanks for any help with this.

Matt

make a full backup of the computer including applications and take it to a apple store

rozner

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Got rid of the plist file but no good. Still does the same thing. Just I'm on week view instead of month view when it freezes. I think I may need to delete the data, do you know where it's stored? I have it synced with my phone so it's not a big deal if I have to clear it from here.

I don't think I'll be taking it to the Apple store just yet. That may be a last resort but it's not that critical.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.