Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HE15MAN

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Florida's Treasure Coast
I have upgraded to a 5, and my iPhone 4's home button doesnt work well. Is my best bet to just sell it for parts? If so, how much do they go for roughly?

toshibauser

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
New York
I have upgraded to a 5, and my iPhone 4's home button doesnt work well. Is my best bet to just sell it for parts? If so, how much do they go for roughly?

Apple charged me $199 for replacing the home button, 100 for the labor and 99 for the parts. Selling it for parts, you probably would get 80-100 dollars back. If I were you, I would sell it for parts. At least, you could get some money back.

Of course, you could purchase a new home button online and replace by yourself, but that procedure is extreme challenging. My friend accidentally cut a cable when he was replacing home button, and it cost him 300 bucks to fix. Since iPhone 4 is pretty out-of-date, the best way is to sell it for parts.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Apple charged me $199 for replacing the home button, 100 for the labor and 99 for the parts. Selling it for parts, you probably would get 80-100 dollars back. If I were you, I would sell it for parts. At least, you could get some money back.

Of course, you could purchase a new home button online and replace by yourself, but that procedure is extreme challenging. My friend accidentally cut a cable when he was replacing home button, and it cost him 300 bucks to fix. Since iPhone 4 is pretty out-of-date, the best way is to sell it for parts.
you should have just taken it to apple store and got an out of warranty replacement for $150

icemike15

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Chicago
Its physically broke or it doesnt respond? If it doesnt respond, go on cnet.com how to. They show a video on how you can reset this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.