Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Palacedog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I have a question on Straight Talk subscription. My contract with AT&T is ending later this month and was intending to switch to ST, at least to try it out. AT&T service is good in my area and it would just about cut my bill in half. On their site I couldn't find the info I needed on auto-pay, so I sent the following e-mail to ST:

To Whom It May Concern:
My contract is up with AT&T on later month. Can I set up the
exact date for monthly renewal of the Straight Talk service? In other
words, I'd like to have it work nicely with my other payment plans, pay
automatically, but on a schedule that works best for me. Is this
possible? If so, tell me how, please.

I got a robo-reply telling me that I would get a call back. This morning the call came in on a bad connection with someone who could barely speak English. It was a nightmare sales call. After several minutes of non-communication and no answer to my question, I hung up.

Should I switch to Straight Talk? Can I pick my payment date? Is dealing with them always a nightmare? If so, I'm getting the i5 and sticking with AT&T.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008

I just bought an ATT ST Sim card. Will post when I get my phone set up. Wait and see I guess. Switching from V.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Yes, they have an auto pay option (been a ST customer for almost 2 months now)

Call quality is really good, my only grip is data speeds seem slow, I average around 2-2.5 Mbps down and 1 up.

Dealing with their Customer Service is a pain because they are obviously foreign. Payment date falls around the anniversary of when you first activate your plan, I don't know if you can change it.

Last edited:

Palacedog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Yes, they have an auto pay option (been a ST customer for almost 2 months now)

Call quality is really good, my only grip is data speeds seem slow, I average around 2-2.5 Mbps down and 1 up.

Dealing with their Customer Service is a pain because they are obviously foreign. Payment date falls around the anniversary of when you first activate your plan, I don't know if you can change it.

Thanks. Great info. I'll keep considering, but my initial experience was far from positive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.