Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Murl

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
I have a late 2010 Macbook Air running 10.8.2 and Safari 6.0.2 that won't play youtube videos and it would play them a week ago. So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled adobe flash, uninstalled click to flash 2.7.1 and adblock, enabled javascript and plugins under security in the preferences tab and none of these worked. I created a backup of the computer and reinstalled OSX using command R on startup. I still can't play youtube videos. My wife's iMac has all of the same software and plays them just fine. Does anyone have any idea why they won't play, the screen that a youtube video would play in is completely black. Any ideas are appreciated.

Edit: After downloading the latest version of firefox the videos will play.

PeterHolbrook

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2009
I suggest that you look for another reason why Safari won't play YouTube videos for you. Safari 6.0.2 does play them for me. Have you checked that your disk structure is sound and that your permissions are the way they should be?

Murl

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
I suggest that you look for another reason why Safari won't play YouTube videos for you. Safari 6.0.2 does play them for me. Have you checked that your disk structure is sound and that your permissions are the way they should be?

Are you referring to verifying the disk and doing a repair if necessary? I have not changed any permissions, what should I look for here?

emir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2008
Istanbul
Also having youtube problems on Safari 6.0.1.

The problem is, on some videos, video starts playing, then the thing that shows the seconds on video player resets and says 0:00 even though video continues playing, then the video stops with loading wheel in the middle of the screen. No matter what i do i can't make the video continue so i refresh, skip to the second it stopped then go through the whole thing again.

Can someone please help me??!

NFI

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Reset didn't help

I'm having the same issue. I reset Safari but the same problem occurred. Any thoughts on what settings I could try and change ? Safari 5.1.7 worked perfectly then I upgraded to Mountain Lion and Safari 6.0.2 and now no videos.:confused:

borostef

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Also having youtube problems on Safari 6.0.1.

The problem is, on some videos, video starts playing, then the thing that shows the seconds on video player resets and says 0:00 even though video continues playing, then the video stops with loading wheel in the middle of the screen. No matter what i do i can't make the video continue so i refresh, skip to the second it stopped then go through the whole thing again.

Can someone please help me??!

Exactly the same issue here...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.