Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Jacoblee23
macrumors 6502

Who all here has a full sized iPad AND an iPad mini?

I have a 32gb Verizon black ipad 3 and a black and slate 32gb ipad mini. I will be keeping both.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:26 AM   #2
LanEvo
macrumors 6502

I have 16gb iPad 3 and 16gb iPad Mini and a 32gb iPad 2.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:30 AM   #3
christophermdia
macrumors 6502

Have a 3 gave to my wife in favor of a 4 and bought us both Mini's (LTE versions so still waiting)...We intend to keep both...
christophermdia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:31 AM   #4
AlanKA
macrumors member

I have both here - 3 and a Mini. Will definitely keep both.
AlanKA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Opus00
macrumors member

I have 3rd Gen iPad and patiently waiting for my LTE mini
Opus00 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:35 AM   #6
N0ddie
macrumors regular

As per sig. We have both.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:37 AM   #7
taipan61
macrumors 6502

yup, got both
plus a transformer and a nexus7, various kindles, etc
keeping them all till the next gen then playing them forward
taipan61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:42 AM   #8
jonfarr
macrumors 6502

I have a LTE ipad 3 from work and an LTE mini on order. I got a mini wifi on friday just to try it out to see if I wanted to proceed with the LTE one.

Haven't picked up the iPad 3 since I got the mini. I will be returning it to my employer as the mini will travel much easier and just works for me better.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:44 AM   #9
maddux2005
macrumors 6502

iPad 4 wifi 64gb
iPad mini black 32gb
maddux2005 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:48 AM   #10
yinz
macrumors 6502a

Questions for you guys:
Is this a little overkill?
When would you choose the smaller iPad over the bigger one?
When you go out? But then doesn't your iPhones/smartphones do your going out surfing?
When you are at home and you have 3 iPads, which one would you choose to use?
Does your family even need to turn on a computer to surf the net now?

And when you go out, you are just driving right? So when would you really get to use it? If you take transit, it could make sense, but I think the iPhone fills that niche.
yinz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:55 AM   #11
dacreativeguy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinz View Post
Questions for you guys:
Is this a little overkill?
When would you choose the smaller iPad over the bigger one?
When you go out? But then doesn't your iPhones/smartphones do your going out surfing?
When you are at home and you have 3 iPads, which one would you choose to use?
Does your family even need to turn on a computer to surf the net now?

And when you go out, you are just driving right? So when would you really get to use it? If you take transit, it could make sense, but I think the iPhone fills that niche.
These questions don't have logical/rational answers, so not sure what you are expecting to hear.
dacreativeguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:57 AM   #12
schulzmc
macrumors regular

Have both - but will be selling the full size iPad. I haven't used it since last Friday.
schulzmc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:58 AM   #13
technopimp
macrumors 6502

I have a 32GB 3 and a 16GB mini. Not sure if I'm keeping the 3 yet or not. I'm keeping the Mini, although I may swap it for an LTE model.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:02 PM   #14
nidserz
macrumors 6502a

I'm with a couple of the above, curious to know what you guys are using your ipads for if you have multiple?
When do you reach for an iPad 3/4 vs. iPad Mini?
twitter |youtube
nidserz is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:11 PM   #15
yinz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacreativeguy View Post
These questions don't have logical/rational answers, so not sure what you are expecting to hear.
I suppose "love" cannot be explained..

I was just curious as I haven't played with the mini yet, but want to know if I would use both devices..
yinz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:12 PM   #16
t0mm
macrumors regular

16GB iPad 3 + Cellular and 16GB iPad Mini, intend to keep both.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:12 PM   #17
rever3nce
macrumors 6502a

Both but plan on selling 3rd gen. Seems huge now and I have my rMBP if I need a bigger screen or movies on the go
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:23 PM   #18
Moneymiike420
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddux2005 View Post
iPad 4 wifi 64gb
iPad mini black 32gb
Overkill.
Next question how many people NEEDS a full sized ipad and a ipad mini =p
Moneymiike420 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:39 PM   #19
techiegirl
macrumors 6502a

I have an iPad 3 and a mini. I'm not ready to get rid of the 3 yet, mainly because of the unlimited data I still have on it and its not worth as much resale as it did before 4 came out.
techiegirl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:48 PM   #20
christophermdia
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinz View Post
Questions for you guys:
Is this a little overkill? NOPE!
When would you choose the smaller iPad over the bigger one? Laying on the couch, streaming additional football games, working on Excel/Word Documents: iPad 4.....Going to the mall with your wife while she shops, going to the local sports bar, on a short work trip:Mini
When you go out? But then doesn't your iPhones/smartphones do your going out surfing? Too Small, hate holding so close and straining to see or do multiple tasks
When you are at home and you have 3 iPads, which one would you choose to use? See Question 1...add in there certain gaming aspects, depending on what games you want to play might help determine which one to use. With airplay and the size of the mini, makes it a great controller for the big screen
Does your family even need to turn on a computer to surf the net now?NOPE...only work with pictures, music and movies on the desktop as a server

And when you go out, you are just driving right? So when would you really get to use it? If you take transit, it could make sense, but I think the iPhone fills that niche.N/A, dont txt and drive

See above in red
christophermdia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:56 PM   #21
tbayrgs
macrumors 68030

Have an iPad 3 LTE 64 GB, a Nexus 7 and just picked up a iPad Mini 64 GB. Test driving the Mini for a few reasons: may pick a couple up for my kids, may just replace my iPad 3 outright (love it but seems huge now and I have a desktop and MBA at home), may get one for my Mom.

FWIW, I spent a bunch of time comparing my current iPad 3 to both a Mini and an iPad 4 in the Apple store today--ran the same apps side by side and while I never felt the iPad 3 felt slow, the new iPad 4 is noticeably faster, especially in more intensive apps (games, iPhoto, iMovie, iWorks) and the iPad Mini even seemed to launch apps a touch quicker.

Ideally, I'll replace the iPad 3 with the Mini but if I decide to go that route, I'll return this wifi only model and pick up an LTE version.
tbayrgs is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:01 PM   #22
toasty hoodie
macrumors 6502

I definitely will be picking up a wifi model for the house, and gonna keep my full sized 3, because I use it for work.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:06 PM   #23
N0ddie
macrumors regular

Last night was the first time I'd picked up our iPad 2 since getting the mini on Saturday. And then, the reason was because the mini was charging.

Can see us off loading the 2 and when/if a Retina mini comes out we'll buy that to go with our current new mini.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:15 PM   #24
pommie82
macrumors regular

I have ipad 1st Generation & iPad mini i cannot believe how slow my iPad 1st generation is compared to the mini for doing things.I love the fact that the mini is compact and that it fits in a jacket pocket when you are traveling around the place a lot better then a regular size iPad well i think so personally each to there own what ones prefers of coarse.I will use the mini when i'am out and about but when i'am home i be using the iPad 1st generation for watching Tv,Tv Series,Movies.Over the last few days i just think the mini is just not quite there to watch movies on the move personally i prefer the 9'7 inch iPad for that sort of thing but anything esle the mini is a perfect.I'am hoping next year in the new iPad that they make the new iPad with a bigger screen just like they did with the iPhone5.Then i be retiring the iPad 1st generation for good then using the latest one for purely just for Media uses only.
pommie82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 01:19 PM   #25
N0ddie
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommie82 View Post
I have ipad 1st Generation & iPad mini i cannot believe how slow my iPad 1st generation is compared to the mini for doing things.I love the fact that the mini is compact and that it fits in a jacket pocket when you are traveling around the place a lot better then a regular size iPad well i think so personally each to there own what ones prefers of coarse.I will use the mini when i'am out and about but when i'am home i be using the iPad 1st generation for watching Tv,Tv Series,Movies.Over the last few days i just think the mini is just not quite there to watch movies on the move personally i prefer the 9'7 inch iPad for that sort of thing but anything esle the mini is a perfect.I'am hoping next year in the new iPad that they make the new iPad with a bigger screen just like they did with the iPhone5.Then i be retiring the iPad 1st generation for good then using the latest one for purely just for Media uses only.
You must have big pockets. Our mini is nowhere near small enough to fit in any of our pockets.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad