Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:27 PM   #1
timjohn77
macrumors newbie

How can I export audio from iphone to PC

I would like to be able to plug my iPhone 5 into a USB port on my PC with the lightning-USB cable and listen to all sounds, not just music. I have searched for an hour on the web and can't seem to find a solution. The closest I have found is to use a 3.5MM cable to the headphone jack and line in on PC, but this is analog. Since the iPhone uses a USB cable already why is it not possible for this to just work? I want to listen to Songza and export the sound to my computer sound system. I'm not talking about using iTunes to listen to my music, I mean all sound. Thanks to anyone who can help.
timjohn77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:56 PM   #2
old-wiz
macrumors 604

unfortunately the iPhone doesn't provide this type of connection via USB; it only provides music via the headset jack.
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 01:36 AM   #3
timjohn77
macrumors newbie

Question

Well that bites. I guess Apple wants me to spend more $$ to buy an Apple TV box or some crap. I must say I'm disappointed. There seems to be no reason that this could not be possible.

Thanks for your reply.
timjohn77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone