Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:33 AM   #1
ZedFighter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Sync removed purchased apps =\

Did a sync today and all my purchased apps were removed and I was left with only the default settings.

Thankfully I have a backup but when I "restore from backup" it goes through the motions but I still end up with only the default apps.

I know full well the backup contains my apps by looking at the Manifest PLIST.

I searched high and low and wasn't able to find an alternative software to do a backup restore.

Any help is appreciated, thank you
ZedFighter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:41 AM   #2
Plutonius
macrumors 601
 
Plutonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
What version Touch running what version of IOS ?

Have you previously synched on that computer with iTunes under the same iTunes account ?

Do you see the apps in iTunes on your computer ?
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:10 PM   #3
ZedFighter
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
What version Touch running what version of IOS ?

Have you previously synched on that computer with iTunes under the same iTunes account ?

Do you see the apps in iTunes on your computer ?

4.2.1 (8c148)

Is the only version number I could find.

No previous sync, fresh windows install and fresh itunes install.

The apps are not in itunes.

A backup is a backup and it contains my old apps so why won't it restore them?
ZedFighter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:18 PM   #4
donlab
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedFighter View Post
Did a sync today and all my purchased apps were removed and I was left with only the default settings.

Thankfully I have a backup but when I "restore from backup" it goes through the motions but I still end up with only the default apps.

I know full well the backup contains my apps by looking at the Manifest PLIST.

I searched high and low and wasn't able to find an alternative software to do a backup restore.

Any help is appreciated, thank you
authorize this computer in itunes first, then sync your ipod and apps would have been transferred back to computer.
donlab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:21 PM   #5
ZedFighter
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlab View Post
authorize this computer in itunes first, then sync your ipod and apps would have been transferred back to computer.
Great info but doesn't help me out of my current pickle.
ZedFighter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:37 PM   #6
donlab
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedFighter View Post
Great info but doesn't help me out of my current pickle.
apps are not stored in your backup only app data
go to purchases in appstore and download your apps
donlab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:41 PM   #7
peeaanuut
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern California
Send a message via AIM to peeaanuut
when you backed-up during the sync to iTunes, did you not see the apps? are they listed in your apps in iTunes? in the media folder? do you have those apps checked to sync in iTunes?


it seems that when people have issues with syncing its because they try alternate methods instead of the basic, plug in and sync to itunes.
peeaanuut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:27 AM   #8
ZedFighter
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlab View Post
apps are not stored in your backup only app data
go to purchases in appstore and download your apps
Thanks for this, I learned something today

The app data is stored in the backup but you need the app front end to access it.

So in other words, the data was there, I just needed a button to push

Thanks again.
ZedFighter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 04:16 PM   #9
The13thDoctor
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: @TheRoyalDoctor
>Download the iPhone Configuration Utility from Apple
>Backup and sync from iTunes
>BEFORE you restore, go in the utility and add the apps to your ipod
>restore from backup
>??
>profit
__________________
My butt feels leaky...
The13thDoctor is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Install purchased ios apps removed from appstore iovca iOS 7 15 May 20, 2014 11:55 PM
Finder tags being removed by apps printz OS X Mavericks (10.9) 0 Oct 25, 2013 12:44 AM
App Store - how to sync and recognize purchased apps Italianblend iOS 7 3 Oct 11, 2013 08:27 AM
iPhone removed from PC while doing the auto sync with iTunes Lemon Tree iPhone 3 Apr 26, 2013 09:55 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC