Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:16 PM   #226
ratsg
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
They were....I remember the big "X" on the retail first retail versions of OSX, and all the fun with dramatic leaps forward...Seems stale now, as we mover ever closer to total IOS integration, things we can all see coming, It would be nice to have a really new set of groundbreaking features...Really interesting stuff to talk about. I can't see it though.
+1

I would not only second your comment, but its also about all the features and functionality we lost. Starting with 10.5 and later.
ratsg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:12 PM   #227
LuckySlam
macrumors newbie

Mac OS X Grumpy Cat

Haha!

No matter the name of OS X 10.9, just hope it will be free...
LuckySlam is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:20 AM   #228
NoIdeasOriginal
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekeyring View Post
Why? You don't have to use those features... Calendar and Notes are actually really useful, especially when kept in sync via iCloud.

I understand if all OS X 10.9 did was add more features like this, it would be disappointing, but why take away features?
It's the "skeuomorphic" user interfaces I'm on about, not the application features.
NoIdeasOriginal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:21 AM   #229
Risco
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsg View Post
its not.

When we go to 11, it will be on the Spinal Tap theme.

It goes to 11! Thats one more!.

----------

Truly the pinnacle of OS X. Still had classic support, and before Apple started taking away features big time.
I don't understand why people are so insistant on holding on to the past.
Risco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 01:41 PM   #230
thekeyring
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoIdeasOriginal View Post
It's the "skeuomorphic" user interfaces I'm on about, not the application features.
Ahh, fair enough
thekeyring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2013, 04:33 PM   #231
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisST View Post
I'm French Canadian, so mixing English and French while pronouncing it would kind of sound like: OS sexy (I in French sounds like E in english).
Do you remember Digital's operating system called RSX-11m ?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 05:52 PM   #232
colinwil
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaanol View Post
Me too. And if they don’t make “Save As” work the way it used to, I probably always will be.
Huh? How hard is it to hold down the option key??
colinwil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 08:17 PM   #233
ratsg
macrumors 6502

I could make all the comments here that have been made a thousand times about a mission critical app, or work flow, or $$$$ invested.

But I think that I will just hold my tongue, and wait to see what happens when your favorite games will no longer play and its creator won't update it for the current OS, or has gone out of business.

Or your current work flow has an oddball piece of software in it that you can't eliminate it, because you need it to support your biggest customer.

Unfortunately, not every piece of software that is important to you is another "Adobe Photoshop". And many times, there is no workaround or alternate product.

I suppose if you are just getting started out in the IT world, some of these concepts may be difficult to grasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
I don't understand why people are so insistant on holding on to the past.
ratsg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 01:45 AM   #234
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinwil View Post
Huh? How hard is it to hold down the option key??
how hard is it to leave "save as" alone?
GermanyChris is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 09:14 AM   #235
MrNomNoms

I don't know about you guys but I'd sooner have fewer features but well tested along with more focus on bug testing; yes, I know features mean everything to some people but there are those of us who would sooner have something that is robust from out of the box than waiting for the first couple of updates before taking the plunge. The big question is pricing - are we eventually going to see Apple make OS X free in the same way that iOS is a free upgrade? that would be a huge incentive for many users to switch, "wow, so you mean I buy a Mac and get free versions of Mac OS X? that is so much better than paying Microsoft for an upgrade of Windows!".
MrNomNoms is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 01:25 PM   #236
tekboi
macrumors 6502a

Honestly, I think i'm good with where OS X is right now. I don't need to be dumbed down or more "iOS-like" than it already is.

Maybe they can just make Safari a little more snappier.
tekboi is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion