Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apb89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Since introducing quick Camera access from the lockscreen, I have been more annoyed when this certain action occurs:

Specifically, when you receive a single text/email/etc. notification on the lockscreen and the slider becomes 'slide to reply', not 'slide to unlock', it overrides the camera button. I have had this issue when I tried to access the camera quickly, but was unable to.

A fix would be to simply pin that camera icon there at all times; no longer having the slider override it when you get a single text/email/etc. notification. Pic attached shows what I am referring to:

Attachments

• IMG_9861-3.png
    IMG_9861-3.png
    1 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I can see this being valid for some.

It has never affected me directly, but I wouldn't mind a fix.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Since introducing quick Camera access from the lockscreen, I have been more annoyed when this certain action occurs:

Specifically, when you receive a single text/email/etc. notification on the lockscreen and the slider becomes 'slide to reply', not 'slide to unlock', it overrides the camera button. I have had this issue when I tried to access the camera quickly, but was unable to.

A fix would be to simply pin that camera icon there at all times; no longer having the slider override it when you get a single text/email/etc. notification. Pic attached shows what I am referring to:

I agree in part though I'd argue that, in this respect, a wholesale change is needed such that, since notifications that appear on the lock screen can be accessed individually by tapping on the left side of the notification and swiping rightward, the bottom "slide to unlock" area and the camera button should always be there regardless. What I mean by "regardless" is that I would prefer it if the "slide to unlock" never changed to "slide to reply" or "slide to view" since I can activate those same functions from the notifications themselves.

A much more frustrating issue (read: bug)for me that I've encountered numerous times is that when I slide to unlock my phone and receive a notification while typing my password, which I do very quickly, the phone unlocks in response to that notification, instead of to the home screen or wherever I was when I previously locked it. And because the number/character pad is up in order to enter my password, I can't see anything about that new notification without deleting the part of my password that I've entered and then hitting "Cancel" or locking and unlocking my phone again.

If the change I mentioned above isn't ever implemented, the least they should do, in my opinion, is make it so that if I even begin to slide to unlock my phone, any incoming notifications would be ignored since it obviously wasn't my intention to respond to a notification I didn't know was even coming. And for the record, I have submitted this to Apple via their feedback form.

apb89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
I agree in part though I'd argue that, in this respect, a wholesale change is needed such that, since notifications that appear on the lock screen can be accessed individually by tapping on the left side of the notification and swiping rightward, the bottom "slide to unlock" area and the camera button should always be there regardless. What I mean by "regardless" is that I would prefer it if the "slide to unlock" never changed to "slide to reply" or "slide to view" since I can activate those same functions from the notifications themselves.

A much more frustrating issue (read: bug)for me that I've encountered numerous times is that when I slide to unlock my phone and receive a notification while typing my password, which I do very quickly, the phone unlocks in response to that notification, instead of to the home screen or wherever I was when I previously locked it. And because the number/character pad is up in order to enter my password, I can't see anything about that new notification without deleting the part of my password that I've entered and then hitting "Cancel" or locking and unlocking my phone again.

If the change I mentioned above isn't ever implemented, the least they should do, in my opinion, is make it so that if I even begin to slide to unlock my phone, any incoming notifications would be ignored since it obviously wasn't my intention to respond to a notification I didn't know was even coming. And for the record, I have submitted this to Apple via their feedback form.

I completely agree with your points; hopefully Apple is even aware that these changes should happen to make the user experience that much better.

dellAbait

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011

if you press the top right lock button it'll move the notification to list format, then just wake the screen and the camera icon will return... so basically press the lock button twice

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
if you press the top right lock button it'll move the notification to list format, then just wake the screen and the camera icon will return... so basically press the lock button twice

This is what i was going to say. The only time you should really have this "issue" is if you happen to get a notification of some kind the EXACT moment you are wanting to slide open the camera.

Regardless, yes i agree OP. The camera slider shouldn't be overwritten by the entire "slide to "whatever"" action.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.