Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alex0077

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Athens
Hello! I used AvPlayer but unfortunately there isn't in the appstore now.. So.. which is the best media - movie player now? (and updated for iPhone 5) ?? Tell me your opinions :)

Alfonsomac

macrumors member
May 17, 2012
Guys i need help.

I've been searching a good player for a long time.
I've got an iPhone 5, so i want to buy an iPhone 5 ready player.
But i would see on it many .mkv with .srt subtitles, and here comes the issues.
Many of them, as someone reported, doesn't support anymore many audio codec for .mkv files; even Buzzplayer. Many of them use the MKV hardware acceleration but i can't listen the audio tracks.
Is there a good player which just do its job?

Playing smoothly .mkv with .srt; i don't ask for more.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Guys i need help.

I've been searching a good player for a long time.
I've got an iPhone 5, so i want to buy an iPhone 5 ready player.
But i would see on it many .mkv with .srt subtitles, and here comes the issues.
Many of them, as someone reported, doesn't support anymore many audio codec for .mkv files; even Buzzplayer. Many of them use the MKV hardware acceleration but i can't listen the audio tracks.
Is there a good player which just do its job?

Playing smoothly .mkv with .srt; i don't ask for more.

It's Playing both has AC-3 support (still - not guaranteed for future versions!), iPhone 5 and SRT support - and plays back MKV's HW accelerated.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I am searching for somewhat more reliable ..

You mean future AC-3 support? Then, jailbreaking will be your friend when it's made possible - XBMC and probably RushPlayer+ won't remove it.

Alternatively, CineXPlayer won't surely remove it either - but it's not, as of the current version, as good a player as, say, It's Playing or XBMC (see my review at https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16182608 )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.