Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:16 PM   #51
iGrip
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to iGrip Send a message via AIM to iGrip Send a message via MSN to iGrip Send a message via Yahoo to iGrip Send a message via Skype™ to iGrip
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoo99 View Post
actually, yes it is. it's just part of good business today.

wow. you just aren't getting it, are you? Under U.S. patent law, if you don't "actively" defend your patent, you lose it.

Might you be thinking of trademark law?
iGrip is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:16 PM   #52
Sonic
macrumors regular

Can't we all just get along?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:18 PM   #53
apolloa
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
Apple's stock would drop precipitously.
No they won't because Apple is already deliberately moving away from Samsung as a supplier, it's moving away from Samsung LCD's and I believe NAND too...
apolloa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:18 PM   #54
Porco
macrumors 68000

Apple probably feel as bored by all this as anyone, but that doesn't mean they should just give up because people are bored hearing about it.

People can say 'just innovate, stop suing people' but there is no point innovating if you can't defend your innovations when others steal those innovations.

It's like saying 'stop spending money on securing your house, that's boring, just buy more stuff to put in your house. If you buy enough nice stuff for your house, it doesn't matter if you keep getting robbed!'. That's not a good plan.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:23 PM   #55
pubwvj
macrumors 68000

Children, children. Play nice.
http://SugarMtnFarm.com
pubwvj is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:25 PM   #56
kockgunner
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IS View Post
Seems lately, Apple's idea of "innovation" is over-charging and under-delivering.
They've always been "over-charging" and "under-delivering". Deal with it.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:27 PM   #57
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchiato2009 View Post
Judge Lucy Koh should really be pissed and fed up with these stupid lawsuits
Uh, its her job??????? How she makes a crust...
nick_elt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:28 PM   #58
apolloa
macrumors 601

Actually reading more into this:

Andrew Liao, an Apple attorney, told Grewal today that the Galaxy Nexus is the only phone with Jelly Bean that Apple seeks to add to the patent complaint. Liao also said Apple wants to add 17 devices that could use a stylus even though the products don’t ship with a stylus.

This is a blatant direct attack at Google! NOT Samsung, the Galaxy Nexus has the totally untouched straight from Google Android, therefore NO modifications are applied to it what so ever, so this is a blatant direct claim that Android breaches Apples software patents.....

Now this is going to be worth watching, cause unless someone can show me how Jellybean copies Apple? Then it's utter BS.
apolloa is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:29 PM   #59
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Just 1 year ago I was the biggest Apple fan. They are really pissing me off lately. INNOVATE, they really have run out of ideas it seems.
nick_elt is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:31 PM   #60
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoo99 View Post
wow. you just aren't getting it, are you? Under U.S. patent law, if you don't "actively" defend your patent, you lose it. Apple MUST file lawsuits against infringing products in order to hold on to their patents.
You're thinking of trademarks there, slick. Patents are yours for the allotted time regardless of if you defend then or not.
Renzatic is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:34 PM   #61
Rodster
macrumors 68030

Rodster is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:34 PM   #62
ElRojito
macrumors member

"Picasso had a saying: 'Good artists copy, great artists steal.' We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas...I think part of what made the Macintosh great was that the people working on it were musicians, poets, artists, zoologists and historians who also happened to be the best computer scientists in the world." - Steve Jobs

"I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product." - Steve Jobs

Straight from the horses mouth. Seriously. I don't even care anymore. Just make products, release them, let me enjoy them. Don't make me feel like I'm joining a political party when I buy a product.
ElRojito is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:36 PM   #63
hoon2999
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontech View Post
btw, where's the billion dollars you owe Apple?

Tim's thinking about buying Adobe with it....
simply ignorance
the fact that you expect Adobe only worth $1 billion, do your misbehaving comments in elsewhere. (such as iclarified)

http://www.theirnetworth.com/Businesses/Adobe/
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:39 PM   #64
kinich_ahua
macrumors newbie

Cause Apple just isn't the same since Steve died...

Mr Jobs said: "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

He is also quoted as saying: "I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion [£25bn] in the bank, to right this wrong."

'nuff said
kinich_ahua is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:39 PM   #65
dammyonline
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post
Apple probably feel as bored by all this as anyone, but that doesn't mean they should just give up because people are bored hearing about it.

People can say 'just innovate, stop suing people' but there is no point innovating if you can't defend your innovations when others steal those innovations.

It's like saying 'stop spending money on securing your house, that's boring, just buy more stuff to put in your house. If you buy enough nice stuff for your house, it doesn't matter if you keep getting robbed!'. That's not a good plan.
I'm sorry the above analogy doesn't make any sense. It's more like sueing a neighbour with a similar home... Which is pointless. If you're secure and confident with what/how you've equipped/styled your home, you shouldn't be upset about been copied. rather you should be flattered knowing nothing is quite like the original...
dammyonline is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:40 PM   #66
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco View Post

Except patent infringement isn't always "stealing" someones ideas. Considering how vague and undefined patents tend to be these days, it's quite possible to infringe on a prior patent completely by accident.

And even if it were "stealing", what exactly is Samsung/Google stealing here? Apple hasn't had a stylus driven device on the market for years now.

Thus begins round 245,042,332 of the Great Patent Debate.
Renzatic is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:40 PM   #67
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Those pesky Koreans and their tablet size phones

btw, where's the billion dollars you owe Apple?

Tim's thinking about buying Adobe with it....
Ha 1 billion won't buy you much in tech. Look what fb got with instagram....
nick_elt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:41 PM   #68
slimbek
macrumors regular

Quote:
It would be nice to have the CS6 i bought licensed for all my Macs instead of just two at a time....

I can dream can't I?
It's not the licensing deals that I'm worried about...
slimbek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:41 PM   #69
tech4all
macrumors 68040

Apple's suing Samsung!!!

Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:41 PM   #70
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammyonline View Post
I'm sorry the above analogy doesn't make any sense. It's more like sueing a neighbour with a similar home... Which is pointless. If you're secure and confident with what/how you've equipped/styled your home, you shouldn't be upset about been copied. rather you should be flattered knowing nothing is quite like the original...
Nah. It's less like "your house is too similar to mine", and more "I patented rugs underneath tables. You can't have a rug underneath your table without paying me a kabillion dollars for a rug-table license".
Renzatic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:41 PM   #71
Eso
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloa View Post
No they won't because Apple is already deliberately moving away from Samsung as a supplier, it's moving away from Samsung LCD's and I believe NAND too...
Exactly. Might as well strike first now while it will still have an impact instead of waiting for Apple to smoothly transition to alternate suppliers and being SOL.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:41 PM   #72
Dolorian
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_elt View Post
Just 1 year ago I was the biggest Apple fan. They are really pissing me off lately.
The same thing has happened to me. Just not so fond of Apple anymore.
Dolorian is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:42 PM   #73
kas23
macrumors 603

Stylus claims? Really, Apple? They just jumped the shark.
kas23 is offline   14 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:42 PM   #74
Thunderhawks
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearofthe View Post
Samsung and apple are babies..
thank you to whoever owns the patent for being able to scroll past this unimportant
sh.........

you can stop posting this MR

thank you
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:43 PM   #75
apolloa
macrumors 601

Ah, reading the Bloomberg report I forgot that Apple had already stated a totally untouched fresh Android OS was apparently breaching it's patents...

It has already got a case against the Nexus phone, but has added it again because it has Jelly Bean even though the other case is still going on? That makes no sense? I suspect they will sue LG now then too?
apolloa is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion