Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:52 PM   #126
apolloa
macrumors 601

I really want to know EXACTLY what Apple is suing Samsung for with the sylus? If it's hardware, then it is suing Wacom Digital, and I suspect it's similar with the software side? But I have no idea how a flipping stylus copies Apple in anyway.

And as i said above, with the Nexus the are just suing Google in effect, the case should be totally thrown out as Google Jelly Bean, NOT Samsung.
apolloa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:54 PM   #127
Flood123
macrumors 6502a

I wish Apple would pay a less attention to these lawsuits and more attention to component supply and resolving manufacturing issues. Maybe then they could release a product on time. Just saying.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:54 PM   #128
kas23
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDav View Post
You're hilarious...your analogy about the CRT in the garbage has no intrinsic logic and doesn't really pertain to anything. Were talking about "Intellectual Property" something with a high dollar value, not trash. Why people get so ticked about standard business practices is beyond comprehension. I'm curious as to why Apple suing Samsung is so upsetting to you. Be specific.
I actually think its become comical. Judging by your posts, you seem to be the angry one. You don't see me eyerolling, do you?

Anyways, I challenge you to provide just one single link that backs up your assertion that Apple "invent[ed] the technology to translate handwriting with a stylus into editable digital text." Just one link.
kas23 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:57 PM   #129
apolloa
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood123 View Post
I wish Apple would pay a less attention to these lawsuits and more attention to component supply and resolving manufacturing issues so they can release a product on time. Just saying.
Come on, they gave you a magical desktop that they tried to make you think was uber thin and not have a fat bottom, it has no DVD for your extra convenience and weight saving

I seriously won't be surprised if the new Mac Pro comes lacking any DVD drive, for it's $3000 and up price tag.. innovation at it's best.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kas23 View Post
I actually think its become comical. Judging by your posts, you seem to be the angry one. You don't see me eyerolling, do you?

Anyways, I challenge you to provide just one single link that backs up your assertion that Apple "invent[ed] the technology to translate handwriting with a stylus into editable digital text." Just one link.
So would I, but I want to see the Invention AND the Patent for it.
apolloa is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 07:57 PM   #130
MacDav
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloa View Post
Do you have any proof to back up your claim of Apple's patent for it's invention then? You cannot come into the argument, make such a bold comment, then fail to back it up with hard evidence.
And this is not a simple choice is it? What if I lived in America and wanted to buy the Note 10.1 but Apple had it banned whilst some bogus trial was going through? Not so easy to 'move on' then is it?
Unlike you, I am old enough to remember the "Newton". I remember at the time the tech to translate handwriting into digital text was a big deal. Apple was the only company at the time who could do this. If you expect me to look up patents online to make you happy. Well...think again. You are obviously young and petulant. You'll understand the world better when you grow up.
MacDav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:00 PM   #131
apolloa
macrumors 601

Quote:
Unlike you, I am old enough to remember the "Newton". I remember at the time the tech to translate handwriting into digital text was a big deal. Apple was the only company at the time who could do this. If you expect me to look up patents online to make you happy. Well...think again. You are obviously young and petulant. You'll understand the world better when you grow up.
Good for you, I remember the Newton too and several other devices and when Apple nearly went bust..

But your comment is failing drastically at getting you out of the huge hole you've dug yourself into proclaiming Apple invented the editing feature.... NO PROOF NO FACT!

Please do not include statements in your arguments that you cannot, or refuse to back up, because they are blatantly false! Makes you look like a fool.

I love your rather pathetic assumption that A: I'm young, or B: age has ANYTHING to do with your comments that you are not capable of backing up with facts. As though, oh he was there man, he was there so what ever he say's MUST be totally true...
apolloa is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:01 PM   #132
MacDav
Banned

Quote:

You are a silly little boy. I am not going to waste my time looking up patents online to make you happy. Please.....I am certainly not angry, though as I have said in previous posts I am quite amused by your like.
MacDav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:04 PM   #133
kas23
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by genovelle View Post
If the next door neighbor just came and moved it to his garage while you were at work would be happy about it?
You're joking, right?
kas23 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:04 PM   #134
Mad Mac Maniac
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcraig View Post
They don't owe Apple a dime yet.

And let's try and avoid being racist. Shall we?
Oh really? They don't? I guess $1B isn't worth a dime to you... Yeah I know they are probably appealing the verdict, but that is still what the court system has officially stated that samsung owes apple....

And secondly, how in the world was that guy being racist? How dare he identify the nationality of Samsung.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:04 PM   #135
MacDav
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloa View Post
Good for you, I remember the Newton too and several other devices and when Apple nearly went bust..

But your comment is failing drastically at getting you out of the huge hole you've dug yourself into proclaiming Apple invented the editing feature.... NO PROOF NO FACT!

Please do not include statements in your arguments that you cannot, or refuse to back up, because they are blatantly false! Makes you look like a fool.

I love your rather pathetic assumption that A: I'm young, or B: age has ANYTHING to do with your comments that you are not capable of backing up with facts. As though, oh he was there man, he was there so what ever he say's MUST be totally true...
Okay...You have a nice day now.
MacDav is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:05 PM   #136
heisenberg123
macrumors 603

hey you stole my stylus idea.....wait my devices don't have a stylus...carry on
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:06 PM   #137
apolloa
macrumors 601

Quote:
Okay...You have a nice day now.
I will thank you, because unlike you, I don't come across as totally false in my comments. Make things up to try to look smart. But you carry on sir
apolloa is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:07 PM   #138
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Don't worry, Apple has them covered to:

Go to Settings->Accessibility->FlipperTouch (slide to on position).
Ah. There it is. They must've changed the name, because I'm on iOS5 on my iPad, and it's called Capacitive Slapscreen there.

Wow, Apple really does think of everything. :O
Renzatic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:10 PM   #139
Bruce Oksol
macrumors member

I love it. Apple is doing the right thing.

I love this. Apple is doing exactly the right thing.

----------

On another note: 10.9 --> Clouded Leopard.
Bruce Oksol is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:12 PM   #140
dyzfnctional
macrumors member

hmmm....

According to Bloomberg, Cupertino, Calif. based Apple has lost a lawsuit against VirnetX in a Texas courtroom late this evening and has been ordered to pay $368.2 million in damages.
dyzfnctional is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:15 PM   #141
dalbir4444
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
In other words you have nothing. And going by your comments, you seem to be the petulant one.
dalbir4444 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:17 PM   #142
JForestZ34
macrumors 6502a

Really? Again?

Here is my tale on this. When good ole SJ said why are people using a stylus when we were born with the best one. Our finger.

Steve was thinking that MOST people would rather not use a stylus. But apple might be rethinking things because they are seeing that customers might want to use something like that. Apple is getting nervous about something they said is awful and wouldn't use them, they are getting scared that some of those devices are taking up market place and they are sweating. That's the only reason I could think of that they would bring it up

James
JForestZ34 is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:19 PM   #143
andiwm2003
macrumors 601

I really like Apple less and less.........
andiwm2003 is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:30 PM   #144
Exio
macrumors regular

What exactly are they suing about with the stylus?

None of their products even use stylus'.

Pathetic, honestly.
Exio is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:41 PM   #145
pablo7
macrumors 6502

Give it a ****** break Apple.
pablo7 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:42 PM   #146
Dolorian
macrumors 65816

This whole thing just smacks of desperation on Apple's part.

Digging up an almost 20 year old patent relating to a stylus (if there is in fact such thing) just to sue the competition because they are implementing a stylus when none of the products you currently sell that compete with the "infringing" product use a stylus, nor were they copied in this regard, only shows that Apple is doing this out of spite and bad faith.

This lawsuit can in no way shape or form be taken as Apple protecting it's innovations and IP. Lots of smartphones before the iPhone was unveiled were using a stylus (Sony for example had a couple of models out) and we didn't see Apple sue anyone because of it.

The Newton was discontinued back in 1998, since then Apple has not released a touchscreen device with a stylus and actually rejected and scoffed at the idea when they released the iPhone. Other companies continued to release devices with a stylus after the iPhone was released and Apple didn't feel compelled to sue them.

But now, because the competition has gotten hot and Samsung and other competitors have become a "threat" to their iOS devices, then now they want to sue companies using this patent.

How convenient. That's just an attempt to stifle competition, not to protect your IP
Dolorian is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:46 PM   #147
Yamcha
macrumors 68000

Yeah I'm really sick of patent wars..
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:47 PM   #148
blahblah100
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcraig View Post
So Apple hates Stylus but they are going after products that could use them. Ok.

These lawsuits need to end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by genovelle View Post
Protecting your IP is. Why make it if you are to stupid to protect it.

Yep - if it was anybody but Apple, it would be patent trolling. But since it's Apple, it's IP protection...

Last edited by blahblah100; Nov 6, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
blahblah100 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:50 PM   #149
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamcha View Post
Yeah I'm really sick of patent wars..
This thread shows just about everyone is. Usually when one of these debates fire up, the first couple of pages are filled with Apple cheerleading and accusations of theft. This time? It's all about the exasperation.

By this point, I think it's obvious Apple is suing everyone not to protect their innovations, but to keep the competition at bay.
Renzatic is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:53 PM   #150
wesk702
macrumors 65816

Here we go again.
wesk702 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion