Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronanzj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
I had black iPhone 4 before, and I could perfectly put a screen protector on it without any problem.
My new iPhone 5 is white one, and I have a hard time to align the screen protector on it due to the white front face, and I have tried 3,4 times already.

Any tricks?

vampireszombies

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
Texas
I had black iPhone 4 before, and I could perfectly put a screen protector on it without any problem.
My new iPhone 5 is white one, and I have a hard time to align the screen protector on it due to the white front face, and I have tried 3,4 times already.

Any tricks?

Yes, when I got my first white iphone 4 it was a pain to put it on perfectly.
But it is possible, try picking up your phone and playing with it in different angles in the light while trying to put the protector on.
But yeah, its hard and tedious, but definitely possible to get it on perfectly.
(did it on my two 4s, 4S, and now my 5) ;)

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Color never made a difference for me. It's all a matter of practice, patience and care. If you're having problem aligning a screen protector then perform a "practice" alignment first before you remove the backing over the adhesive so you know what to look for when installing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.