Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:48 PM   #1
simswithguns
macrumors newbie

Using iPad for music?

One of my main interests for wanting to get an iPad is to use for my guitar teaching. One of my friends uses it for scores which is pretty cool (in lieu of using sheets of music). I was just wondering if there were any people on the forums that used a tablet for music creation/production/etc. and any apps that you use would be really helpful. Trying to save up for a refurb 32 GB iPad3 but I got another month or 2 before I can afford it.
simswithguns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:50 PM   #2
iHawaii
macrumors member

Garage Band in the App Store.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Navdakilla
macrumors 65816

another +1 for garageband..
Old Nov 6, 2012, 08:55 PM   #4
wesk702
macrumors 65816

Looking forward to the new MPC fly for sampling, when it hits soon.
Otherwise, I've been using GarageBand, which isn't great but is good for laying down ideas,
wesk702 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:10 PM   #5
KeepCalmPeople
macrumors 6502a

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by simswithguns View Post
One of my main interests for wanting to get an iPad is to use for my guitar teaching. One of my friends uses it for scores which is pretty cool (in lieu of using sheets of music). I was just wondering if there were any people on the forums that used a tablet for music creation/production/etc. and any apps that you use would be really helpful. Trying to save up for a refurb 32 GB iPad3 but I got another month or 2 before I can afford it.
I use my iPad and iPhone for teaching the guitar. I use the following apps:
Songsterr
TabToolkit
GuitarToolkit
Music Tutor (Free)
Tempo Slow (Free)

The full-size iPad is great for reading tab or sheet music. The only disadvantage is a lot of the apps don't let you print stuff out.

I keep all my plain text tabs in Pages documents in iCloud. You can also easily search for tabs on the internet and pull them up to play. When I give lessons at my home I can easily print materials on my printer from my iPad - when visiting students I obviously have to print out in advance.

The iPad (or iPhone) is also great for doing searches in YouTube for songs I don't own, so I can listen and work out the song basics during a lesson. I bluetooth to a sound system I have in my home studio so I can watch the video, hear it at a good volume and play along with my student.
KeepCalmPeople is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:12 PM   #6
simswithguns
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepCalmPeople View Post
I use my iPad and iPhone for teaching the guitar. I use the following apps:
Songsterr
TabToolkit
GuitarToolkit
Music Tutor (Free)
Tempo Slow (Free)

The full-size iPad is great for reading tab or sheet music. The only disadvantage is a lot of the apps don't let you print stuff out.

I keep all my plain text tabs in Pages documents in iCloud. You can also easily search for tabs on the internet and pull them up to play. When I give lessons at my home I can easily print materials on my printer from my iPad - when visiting students I obviously have to print out in advance.

The iPad (or iPhone) is also great for doing searches in YouTube for songs I don't own, so I can listen and work out the song basics during a lesson. I bluetooth to a sound system I have in my home studio so I can watch the video, hear it at a good volume and play along with my student.
cool man, yeah I want to use it especially if I have to go to a students house or somewhere else, even at my own studio. It would be pretty handy vs. my MBP.
simswithguns is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad