Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blanco.juanfeli

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
Hey guys,

I know that this is a MAC forum, therefore we 'should' only talk about apple computers, but in my opinion it is always nice to see what the competition is doing and how it compares to our lovely Air.

Lately I've been hearing a lot about Windows 8 and the great new products (ultrabooks in this particular case) launching with it. Anyway, I think it would be interesting to see how they stand against the Air. Software (and OS) aside, I think that there are a bunch of solid alternatives with fairly good prices, specs and design. I find Asus laptops particularly impressive; with dual Full-HD touchscreen computers, tablet-laptop hybrids and entry level ultrabooks nicely designed and fairly well speckd...

So what do you guys think? Is there any laptop out there that could be called a Macbook Air replacement?? If so, please live a comment with a bit of information about it; pros/cons, price, performance, looks or whatever you consider relevant.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
ASUS ZEN and the Lenovo X1 are often mentioned here. Please use the SEARCH button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.