|View Poll Results: Which feature would you be the most excited for?|
|Quick Reply (Messaging)||37||8.55%|
|Something Else (Be sure to post what)||22||5.08%|
|Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll|
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|Sep 23, 2012, 07:20 AM||#1|
iOS 7 Hopes and Wishes (merged)
What would you guys like to see in IOS 7?
Personally, I don't think i'd could ask for much more. I just reviewed my jail broken tweaks on 5.1.1 and most of my tweaks was added in IOS 6.
Just wondering what everyone else is interested in.
|Sep 23, 2012, 08:03 AM||#4|
|Sep 23, 2012, 08:38 AM||#6|
- A central documents folder. Making it easier to share files between apps.
- Back and Forward page gestures in Safari.
- Dual screen AirPlay support for built in apps. That is to say display content in a way optimized for television, instead of just mirroring the screen between black boxes.
- Relaxed multitasking restrictions while your iDevice is plugged in. Like allowing apps more than ten minutes to perform task in background.
- Ability to reply to IMs without switching apps.
- Ability to display your music library from the multitasking bar by holding down on the play button.
- Optional Magic Mouse support for the iPad.
- Better support for secondary functions on BT keyboard. Eg. page up/down; map mission control to multitasking bar.
- Lower minimum brightness setting on iPad. iBooks can set it lower; I'd like that option to be universal.
- A way to bring up the playback controls on the lock screen without having to double click the home button.
- Toggle for Do Not Disturb within notification center; Just like Mountain Lion.
- Option to see notifications from other devices on the same network. So for example you could start a large download on your Mac and leave then the room, with a notification appearing on your iDevice when it's done. Or if you receive a call on your iPhone you could see the caller ID information without having to look away from your Mac's or AppleTV's screen. To avoid confusion the notification could be prefaced with the name of the originating device.
- Generally tighter integration between iOS apps and their Mac and AppleTV counterparts. Like being able to start a FaceTime call on the desktop and, with the tap of a button, have the call transfer to your iPhone. Or choosing from which device you'd like to have Home Shared media in the Music and Video apps play, even being able switch between them while playing. (This would render the separate remote app largely redundant.)
There is something deeply wrong with a society more offended by breasts than by entrails.
Pebble SmartWatch | iPhone 5c | 11" Macbook Air '13 | HTPC | TV | Numerous Old Consoles
Last edited by APlotdevice; Jan 7, 2013 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Additional thoughts and refining format.
|Sep 23, 2012, 09:07 AM||#7|
Quick settings or something (for wifi/3g/data especially).
Brightness instead of volume control when 2 tapped home button and swipe 2 sideways on iPhone, why do we need volume when we have dedicated volume buttons on the side?
maybe dynamic icons rather than widgets.
better notifications on the iPad, notification bar is a joke especially since pulling down doesn't even give us the battery %!!
ipod battery %.
obviously maps, but that should be done ASAP rather than wait until ios7.
2013 13" MacBook Air i5/8GB/256GB || Silver 64GB iPhone 6 || 32GB Cellular Silver iPad rMini!
Follow me on Twitter!
|Sep 23, 2012, 09:32 AM||#8|
I think it's obvious there will be UI changes, especially for the bigger iPhone screen.
iOS 6 couldn't do a lot because it would have revealed the larger screen months in advance.
Plus Apple usually addresses the major issues of what everyone is complaining about at the time: apps, push notifications, multitasking, etc. iOS 6 was the first time many didn't really know what to expect until maps got leaked
|Sep 23, 2012, 10:12 AM||#9|
* Would love to see a default MMS/Text app that you can just reply from the splash screen when a msg gets sent to you. (ie BiteSMS)
* Wouldn't mind a UI change. Maybe the ability to resize icons.
* No widgets other then what's available now. widgets are Androids thing, let Apple innovate something better.
|Sep 23, 2012, 12:30 PM||#14|
How many people on these forums could create a maps app and have it totally bug free on the first release? I've already started correcting errors locally and the more people who do the same, the better the maps become!
Upgrades from apple are far better than any android phone
Last edited by paulcdb; Sep 23, 2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: fix
|Sep 23, 2012, 12:47 PM||#15|
I said iPhone 4 not the. 4S
Am 100% sure. That ios 7 8 and. May be 9 will come too the iPhone 4S
But what am not sure of is the iPhone 4 that will be Geting ios 7 if it dos It will likey olny be bug fixes
iPhone. 3GS. Will likey not get ios 7 at all
|Sep 23, 2012, 01:21 PM||#16|
Does your keyboard work btw?
MacBook Air 2013 13'
White iPad 3rd GEN 16GB
Black iPhone 4 16GB
|Sep 23, 2012, 01:23 PM||#17|
I bet the 4s gets partial features of the ios7 and bug fixes in ios8. Dropepd from ios 9. Why? precedent
|Sep 23, 2012, 01:27 PM||#18|
|Sep 23, 2012, 01:31 PM||#20|
A big important area that Apple needs to work on, hopefully for iOS 7 is the default photos app.
It would be nice to do pretty simple things, like sort by date, file size etc
And some more advance things like tagging, rating, face tagging, view the exif data, delete batch from 'xx' to 'xx' and sort by 5 star rated etc
For me, it's been one of the most neglected areas of iOS and it's such an important one!
27" iMac, 15" MacBook Pro 2.2GHz i7 2011, iPhone 5 16GB - iPad 1/2/3/Mini - 24" Cinema Display,
Apple Magic Mouse, Trackpad, Time Machine, Apple TV,
| Check out my flickr |
|Sep 23, 2012, 01:31 PM||#21|
|Sep 23, 2012, 02:09 PM||#22|
A totally new interface would be nice, but with an option to run the current interface to keep people happy
17" MacBook pro, MacMini Server, iPhone 5 64gb, AppleTV, iPad 32gb wifi, 11" MacBook Air
|Sep 23, 2012, 02:29 PM||#23|
27" iMac (late 2013), iPad 3, iPhone 4S, Apple TV (3rd Gen), Airport Extreme (6th Gen), assorted Android and Windows devices
|Sep 23, 2012, 02:31 PM||#24|
|ios 7, ios concept, iphone 5s, new features, wishlist|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My OS X 10.9 Hopes and Wishes||53kyle||OS X||23||Nov 28, 2012 03:50 PM|
|Your hopes and wishes for iPhone 6 - Themes, NFC, 4.5 inch Screen, Gaming Controller||iPad 2||iPhone||49||Oct 16, 2012 02:26 PM|
|iPhone: Don’t Get Your Hopes Up, There Is No Jailbreak For iOS 6||sagar4995||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||27||Oct 5, 2012 04:55 AM|
|My iOS 6 wishes||matttye||iOS 6||29||Jun 10, 2012 07:17 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.