|View Poll Results: Which feature would you be the most excited for?|
|Quick Reply (Messaging)||37||8.55%|
|Something Else (Be sure to post what)||22||5.08%|
|Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll|
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|Sep 23, 2012, 04:19 PM||#26|
I'm a heavy texter and sometimes texts up to a couple of 100's of texts per day. What I'd like to see is an easier way to keep track of your conversation. For instance:
- Search within a conversation for a certain keyword
- "Timeline":ish, e.g. be able to easier go back X days/weeks/months/years to see older messages in the conversation
- "Find" all attachments(images/videos/etc)
Other than that, I definitely second the UI refresh. It's about time now! Maybe with the UI refresh, the messages-updates I've suggested above will be easier to incorporate!
|Sep 23, 2012, 04:34 PM||#27|
Wi-Fi hotspot without cell carrier permission. If I send data back and forth between my iPhone and my MacBook, it’s none of the cell network’s business what that data is. They already charge me for the data I send between my iPhone and their cell network, it’s none of their business what I do with that data locally.
Sort apps in App Store when browsing and searching. I want to sort apps by average review, by average review for current version, by original release date, by current version release date, by name, by number of downloads, by number of downloads for current version, by price, and so forth.
Ability to assign trust to apps myself. I bought the iPhone, I own the physical device, therefore I am the one who should decide which programs can and cannot run on it. If Apple does not want to put a certain app in their App Store, fine, let them not. But for them to prevent me from installing apps from other sources, that is contrary to the idea that I own the device.
Home screen rotate to landscape mode on iPhone.
Ability to remove pictures from camera roll after placing them in other albums.
Rotation lock that works in landscape as well as portrait.
Ability to view saved WiFi passwords by entering Apple ID and password.
Photos app should show full-res versions of pictures.
Folders within folders.
Unlimited icons per folder.
Place app icons in any grid location, not just “fill from top left in order”.
Option to make tapping a number while viewing a contact pop up a question asking whether I want to Call, Edit, or Cancel. Same for tapping an email address, etc.
Ability to choose a different app to launch from the lock-screen Camera button.
Quick access to Brightness adjustment from a physical button.
An option to have the enclosing folder close after launching an app from it.
Option for custom lockscreen behavior. This might actually be my biggest reason not to upgrade until a jailbreak is out: I really like my custom lockscreen that shows the current phase of the moon on a black background.
|Sep 23, 2012, 06:15 PM||#28|
Regardless of iOS version, I would like iOS to have:
- Ability to launch system functions and change settings using Siri
- Siri speed improvements and stability
- AirPlay to multiple devices for audio
- offline caching for maps
- voice pattern matching with local caching for quicker execution of Siri commands
- pubic transport in maps
- more waze features integrated into maps
- contacts check in on maps (Facebook, fore square meets google latitude)
- proper conversation threading in mail
- iCloud syncing for mail view, like iCloud tabs but for mail
- iCloud syncing for more system functions like music
- reintroduction of wifi plus
- swipe gestures in safari
- swipe gestures to show and switch between open apps
|Sep 23, 2012, 06:21 PM||#29|
Basically, if Apple still sells it the year of the iOS release and drops it at the refresh cycle, you're getting that year's iOS update as your last update.
iPad got iOS 5 and was dropped off in March 2011. 3GS was dropped off September 2012 and got iOS 6.
iPhone 4 is still on sale and will get dropped off next year, thus it will get iOS 7 if Apple sticks to the 1 year refresh cycle.
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."
|Sep 23, 2012, 06:58 PM||#30|
MacBook Pro 13 inch Mid 2012
iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 1G,3G, and 4G
|Sep 24, 2012, 02:22 PM||#31|
Battery Conservation Mode
I would love to see "Battery Conservation Mode" where the phone would:
-Turn off bluetooth
-Turn off wifi
-Kill all apps
-Dim screen brightness
Until you can reconnect to a charger.
Last edited by cameronfree; Sep 24, 2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Typo
|Sep 24, 2012, 03:05 PM||#33|
Let me assign my own default apps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I use Camera+, then that should be the app that gets loaded on the lock screen.
Same for email apps and browser apps.
|Sep 25, 2012, 05:26 PM||#34|
Each page should be allowed to have a different wallpaper.
So in theory, I could take a Pano shot then as I swipe through I pages of apps, I could be going from left to right in the same photo.
Or just simply have different pics per page on my home screen.
|Sep 25, 2012, 05:39 PM||#35|
But visual appearance is very important to me
27" iMac, 15" MacBook Pro 2.2GHz i7 2011, iPhone 5 16GB - iPad 1/2/3/Mini - 24" Cinema Display,
Apple Magic Mouse, Trackpad, Time Machine, Apple TV,
| Check out my flickr |
|Sep 25, 2012, 05:46 PM||#36|
Ability to make a certain wifi connection your home connection, so that when your phone connects to that wifi, it knows it has arrived home. I would love to use location based reminders to "remind me to X when I get home", but that does not work at the moment. My iPhone never gives me those notifications, because the GPS signal points to a building across the street when I'm at home. Also constantly checking the GPS location really uses a lot of battery.
Also users should be able to assign default apps, fe. the possible Google Maps app over Apple Maps.
|Sep 25, 2012, 06:05 PM||#37|
I'm hoping for live tiles similar to Windows Phone. I know that they won't add widgets, but live tiles will serve the same purpose.
I'd also like larger folders and some sort of quick reply for messages so that I don't have to stop what I'm doing and open the Messages app.
|Sep 25, 2012, 06:30 PM||#38|
Features I posted in another thread:
Last edited by JoeyCloverfield; Sep 25, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
|Sep 25, 2012, 06:37 PM||#39|
"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind." -Mikhail Gorbachev
|Sep 25, 2012, 06:44 PM||#40|
iOS 7 ideas
In no particular order:
1) delete updates from update queue without needing to update or delete the app it refers to.
2) delete available downloads from the download queue without needing to finish the download first.
3) iTunes/iBooks/App Store purchases can ask you which registered devices you want to automatically download to before automatically starting the download (much like the AirPlay Speaker menu in iTunes on a computer.) This way you could use an iOS Device to make a purchase without needing to download the content on the device itself (but have it available on other devices.)
4) adding a "Feedback/Feature Request/Report Problems" section to settings app.
5) add the voice memo app to iPad.
6) allow FaceTime to make voice only calls without requiring a video signal.
7) add Passbook to iPad.
8) allow Landscape Orientation lock on iPod touch
9) add landscape keyboards throughout iOS on iPod touch.
10) add a separate mute/orientation lock switch to iPod touch (hw&sw)
11) change "Artist" to be the default tab selection when the Music App opens.
12) allow additional and user manageable search engines in Safari.
13) allow "walkie-talkie" like voice messages to be sent/received in iMessage (similar to #6 with FaceTime)
14) add the ability for a recorded Voice Memo to be saved to the Music App as a "new" or "existing" "Artist" and "Album", saved to iCloud, and available for auto download to other iOS devices/computers
15) add PhotoStream Filters to keep "boring" photos (such as still shots of business documents) from appearing in slideshows. Of course, this could be extended to include filters for specific people or places.
16) add an option to "Block" people from contacting you in the Contacts App.
17) add native third party account support to Passbook (with security/privacy), so that one doesn't need to use multiple apps on each iOS device to use Passbook itself. (I don't know if this is possible without sacrificing security/privacy, but it would be convenient and useful).
18) allow specific Cities, States, Regions, Countries, and Continents to be saved/cached on the iOS Device, so that no cellular signal is required to use Maps and Turn-by-Turn navigation when away from wifi. Make this manageable through the Maps App itself, as-well-as through iTunes sync on computers.
19) add a link to the camera app on the iPad lock screen.
There may be more, but this is good for now.
*** SUBMITTED TO APPLE.COM/FEEDBACK ***
Last edited by HMI; Sep 28, 2012 at 01:49 PM.
|Sep 25, 2012, 07:45 PM||#41|
Loads more I can think of, but those would all be great changes. Also left Maps out of it, because of where I live I've not been too bothered by the change even though I recognise how rough it is.
|Sep 25, 2012, 09:33 PM||#42|
I REALLY want Siri to be able to do things like:
--Turnon/off bluetooth, wifi, vibrate, etc.
--An easy way to go from RINGER-->VIBRATE-->SILENT (by pushing to the volume buttons on the side)
|Sep 25, 2012, 09:45 PM||#43|
There is something deeply wrong with a society more offended by breasts than by entrails.
Pebble SmartWatch | iPhone 5c | 11" Macbook Air '13 | HTPC | TV | Numerous Old Consoles
Last edited by APlotdevice; Sep 27, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
|Sep 27, 2012, 05:52 AM||#44|
I posted this in another thread:
Less Pre-Installed Apps: I feel that iOS has to many pre-installed apps at the moment. First off, I would get rid of the Compass app and let it live or die on the App Store. Second, I would do away with the Weather and Stock apps by fully integrating them into Notification Centre. I imagine they would look mostly the same as they are now in NC, but when you tap the weather or stock box it would expand and display graphs or the weekly forecasts for other cities.
Improved Weather: I've heard a lot of people complain about how inaccurate Yahoo Weather is, and have seen it off as much as 10 Celsius on numerous occasions. I would therefore love it if Apple actually use the forecasts given by each nations Bureau of Meteorology.
Remove Newsstand: Like so many others I hate that Newsstand folder. Therefore I hope they merge it with iBooks or at least keep it hidden until a newsstand related app is installed.
A Native Dictionary App: This one is self explanatory. A translation feature would also be nice.
Update the blue pop-up boxes: I personally find the blue pop-up boxes to be extremely tacky. A lack transparent black box would look much nicer.
Battery Alert Banner: This is long over due. The current pop-up is very annoying, particularly when playing a game.
UI fixes: iOS 6 introduced some pretty bad design choices. I would like to see the elegant white status bar be returned as the new grey, blue and black colours are just depressing and inconsistent. Also bring back the old Music App colour scheme and return the Phone keypad or create something more sexy since the new one is TACKY.
Social Network Hide Option: I'm not opposed to Social Networks being integrated in iOS, but for those of us that don't use them their presence are just clutter in certain menus, such as when I'm trying to share photos. A simple option in the Settings to hide their appearance would be very helpful.
OS X Additions: Introduce the new Mountain Lion dock and uni-bar in Safari.
MacBook Pro Retina
iPhone 4 S⃣
|Sep 27, 2012, 06:08 AM||#46|
Simple things really.
I don't want the springboard to change. I'd like widgets, but I'd prefer those on the notification centre rather than clogging up the springboard.
Open up the notification centre API so that developers can create widgets for the NC.
Better use of the lockscreen, weather widget etc.
Ability to quick reply to messages (in fact, just hire the developer of Messages+ please Apple!)
Quick compose SMS (in the same way as Tap to Tweet and Tap to Post)
Toggles in the notification centre (again, Apple, just hire the guy behind NCToggles)
Other than that, not a great deal really!
|Sep 27, 2012, 07:46 AM||#47|
|Sep 27, 2012, 08:36 AM||#48|
At this point I'd be surprised (but pleased) if we even got themes and the ability to place icons where ever we wanted. Seems to be too much for the brains in Apple Development, though they've been in the JB community forever.
iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5C, iPad 2
|Sep 27, 2012, 08:48 AM||#49|
1. Full screen iPad notification centre with developer api's to add live info, like weather and stock apps do now on iPhone. Up to developer how these look, but must be all the same size.
2. Swipe up to open multitasking bar on iPhone
3. Resizing on app icons on home screen?
|Sep 27, 2012, 09:27 AM||#50|
I don't think any of these are big and earth-shattering, but each one has managed to annoy me on a regular basis.
Last edited by bearda; Sep 27, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
|ios 7, ios concept, iphone 5s, new features, wishlist|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My OS X 10.9 Hopes and Wishes||53kyle||OS X||23||Nov 28, 2012 04:50 PM|
|Your hopes and wishes for iPhone 6 - Themes, NFC, 4.5 inch Screen, Gaming Controller||iPad 2||iPhone||49||Oct 16, 2012 03:26 PM|
|iPhone: Dont Get Your Hopes Up, There Is No Jailbreak For iOS 6||sagar4995||Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks||27||Oct 5, 2012 05:55 AM|
|My iOS 6 wishes||matttye||iOS 6||29||Jun 10, 2012 08:17 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.