Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

View Poll Results: Which feature would you be the most excited for?
Predictor 6 1.39%
Custom Notifications 11 2.54%
Location-Based Actions 6 1.39%
Dynamic Icons 25 5.77%
Widgets 43 9.93%
Siri API 22 5.08%
Offline Siri 22 5.08%
Quick Reply (Messaging) 37 8.55%
New UI 239 55.20%
Something Else (Be sure to post what) 22 5.08%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:44 PM   #501
bushido
macrumors 601

Toggles in the Notification Center
Do something with the Notification Center especially on the iPad (it looks pathetic and is a wasted opportunity)
Tweak that useless Search Window on the left
(dare i say it, replace it with real time infos/widgets?)
Default Weather App for the iPad
QuickReply for SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger etc.
Live Icons (Clock + Weather)
UNLIMITED Apps in one Folder (i dont need 4 folders called "Games")
Swipe Up to bring up the App Switcher instead of using the Home Button
Place the Apps wherever you want
"Open With ..." let me choose different browsers etc as default
Do something with the Lockscreen? it hasnt been changed since 2007. Especially the "slide to unlock" arrow button looks DATED. even more tho with the new design of the music player controls on 6.1

now that i think about it, all of those will be back tmrw
it would be nice to have it by default however, jailbreaking is getting tiresome (especially waiting for it)
Old Feb 3, 2013, 05:58 PM   #502
snappyfool
macrumors 6502a

Push notification option!

From some research it appears that the push notification authorisation dialog for new apps lies when it says this can later be configured in settings. If you say no, you can't enable them without uninstalling, waiting 24 hours and reinstalling the all, at which point the dialog comes up on first open. The options in Settings > Notifications merely control how to display notifications if they are being pushed to your phone. They won't be if you didn't authorise at the start!!

Likewise if you enable them, you cannot stop them being pushed to your phone, though you can make them invisible. It is down to the app developer to either put an option in their app or to detect when they're not delivered and stop them for you.

This is at least what I've come to understand- can anyone confirm or deny for 6.1?

I would love to see a proper enable/disable toggle in iOS 7. Only when enabled will you then get the display options..
snappyfool is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 02:15 PM   #503
Razeus
macrumors 68040

I'd like to see Apple branch out a bit, if just to get the iTunes name in people's minds. I'd like to see iTunes (if only just the music & movies) integrated with the new PS4 and Xbox 720 when they launch. But I know it's not going to happen. I'd like to see an iTunes app on Android so Android users can purchase music. Why Apple gives these sales away to Google is beyond me.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:31 PM   #504
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Why Apple gives these sales away to Google is beyond me.
Probably because they'd rather have them buy an iPhone.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:16 AM   #505
delphus
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to delphus Send a message via MSN to delphus Send a message via Yahoo to delphus Send a message via Skype™ to delphus
I would love to have an username option to iPad. I know the device was designed to be personal but when you need to share it, it concerns me that people can read your personal life so easily just 5 min using your device for a quick Internet browse.
delphus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:52 AM   #506
techbul
macrumors newbie

I really hope they will totally change the UI, it's so old and so-2007
techbul is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 04:19 AM   #507
Tar Sniffer
macrumors regular

The personal and work profile option like on the BlackBerry 10 would be a great addition.

Also, I doubt Apple will allow us to remove apps, so I hope they at least reduce the number of stock apps. They should kill off Compass and integrate the Weather and Stock apps into Notification Centre (just click the existing weather forecast and more details will slide out).
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:22 AM   #508
Ste Nova
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappyfool View Post
really minor but i wish the dialog when turning on personal hotspot when wifi is off gave you more choice. i never use bluetooth and it annoys me having to turn it on along with wifi. perhaps a dialog with an on/off toggle for wifi and for bluetooth. both on by default or perhaps remembering your last choice. with a disabled toggle set to on for USB.
and a keep alive option for the hotspot, its a pain when it goes off when you don't use it for 1 min!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:50 AM   #509
Razeus
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Probably because they'd rather have them buy an iPhone.
The people that want an iPhone will buy an iPhone. They can't help that other people will buy and Android so why not make it available on their platform? You might as well said Apple should keep iTunes on the Mac instead of bringing it to Windows, so that people will buy Macs.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:22 AM   #510
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I'd like to see Apple branch out a bit, if just to get the iTunes name in people's minds. I'd like to see iTunes (if only just the music & movies) integrated with the new PS4 and Xbox 720 when they launch. But I know it's not going to happen. I'd like to see an iTunes app on Android so Android users can purchase music. Why Apple gives these sales away to Google is beyond me.
The profits Apple makes from iTunes are extremely modest compared to their hardware sales. The former pretty much exists just to encourage people to buy into the latter.

----------

Quote:
The people that want an iPhone will buy an iPhone. They can't help that other people will buy and Android so why not make it available on their platform? You might as well said Apple should keep iTunes on the Mac instead of bringing it to Windows, so that people will buy Macs.
iTunes for Windows exists to provide service to Apple's iPod and iOS lines.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:49 AM   #511
Tar Sniffer
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar Sniffer View Post
The personal and work profile option like on the BlackBerry 10 would be a great addition.

Also, I doubt Apple will allow us to remove apps, so I hope they at least reduce the number of stock apps. They should kill off Compass and integrate the Weather and Stock apps into Notification Centre (just click the existing weather forecast and more details will slide out).
Like this.

Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:27 AM   #512
prdlacky
macrumors newbie

Where is my On/Off switch button for BT, Wifi and 3G network? :-(
prdlacky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:56 AM   #513
Ste Nova
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdlacky View Post
Where is my On/Off switch button for BT, Wifi and 3G network? :-(

why would you want to turn any of them off?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:52 AM   #514
Liberty.
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste Nova View Post
Battery-life
Liberty. is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:05 PM   #515
whoisthedaddy
macrumors newbie

id like to see some kind of live tiles similar to that on windows phones.
whoisthedaddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:07 PM   #516
IFRIT
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste Nova View Post
Having those on all the time is quite a drain on the battery.
IFRIT is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:46 AM   #517
techbul
macrumors newbie

iOS 7 should also fix all those issues with battery life.
techbul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:36 AM   #518
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
I'm curious to know how many people have no interest in an iPhone but want to use iTunes. I suppose there are people who used iPods in the past and now have an Android phone. But is it that many? When the iPod came out the dominant PC platform was Windows. Most likely it always will be. Doing iTunes for Windows is a no brainer. I'm not convinced Android is Windows yet.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:51 AM   #519
SAIRUS
macrumors 6502

Just spit balling:
On/Off toggles in the notification bar for common scenarios, such as wi-fi and bluetooth
Widgets screen, incorporated in the notification bar.
Full Siri widget api for all apps (yeah I'm a developer).
Shared notification system between ALL iOS devices (so if I get a call on my iPhone, my iPad will notify me, and allow me to answer it there, simply enabling the speakerphone)
Ability to update icon of an app
Run 2 apps on the same screen (they could incorporate a Mini API view for apps to take on)
The ability to replace any stock app with a 3rd party app option (as a developer I could see them standardizing the information feed you must provide to the main program). They've integrated some of this into Siri with maps and public transport.
Time aware wallpaper (your wallpaper changes with the day).

If you notice, I tried to keep the core main screen the same, as the consistency of iOS has helped it's learning curve. The new changes trickle around the edges.

Forgot to add a notification where if you're not holding your phone correctly.
SAIRUS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:12 AM   #520
Razeus
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
I'm curious to know how many people have no interest in an iPhone but want to use iTunes. I suppose there are people who used iPods in the past and now have an Android phone. But is it that many? When the iPod came out the dominant PC platform was Windows. Most likely it always will be. Doing iTunes for Windows is a no brainer. I'm not convinced Android is Windows yet.
Perhaps. I already have a blu-ray player, cable box on my main TV. I have a PS3 and cable box on my 2nd TV. I shouldn't have to buy an Apple TV to access my music and movies from iTunes. They really out to think about opening up their platform a bit.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 01:18 PM   #521
pmontanarella
macrumors 6502

Many people are saying they'd like to have geo-aware locking of the phone. So as to not have to unlock the phone with a pin code when at home. I think it would be even simpler to do that you set your home wifi network and whenever your iPhone is connected to it the pin code is disabled. I realize that there are other places other than at home where a pin code isn't necessary but this would already be a good start, without killing the battery life with location-services always tracking your location for the pin code.

Just a thought,
Pietro
Old Mar 5, 2013, 07:40 PM   #522
Z Overlord
macrumors newbie

a completely new UI for absolutely everything, without skeuomorphism
Z Overlord is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 08:41 PM   #523
rhett7660
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
I doubt we will get a new UI. I can see the skeuomorphism going away, but the UI I think is here to stay for at least one more generation.

I would be happy on the iPad to be able to have dual windows open.

I would also like to be able to customize my screens a little more. That is the only reason I really jailbreak anymore.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 08:46 AM   #524
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
I doubt we will get a new UI. I can see the skeuomorphism going away, but the UI I think is here to stay for at least one more generation.
if any changes are made to the UI, they will be gradual. Doing it all at once would leave much of the user base hopelessly confused.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 09:12 AM   #525
Razeus
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by APlotdevice View Post
if any changes are made to the UI, they will be gradual. Doing it all at once would leave much of the user base hopelessly confused.
Just like the Windows 8 debacle.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Tags
ios 7, ios concept, iphone 5s, new features, wishlist