Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:12 AM   #1
Graveyard
macrumors regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Graveyard Send a message via Skype™ to Graveyard
iMac warranty.

The problem is as follows. I bought a 27" iMac yesterday from a friend. 2 days before i got it, he got a disk stuck in the optical drive. Now the bastard makes some really annoying noises while trying to eject, but the disc doesn't come out. The computer has been bought here in Romania from a local reseller. It's still under warranty, i also have Apple Care untill 2015 but the reseller and the service are pretty far from where i live. I have been servicing Apple products for the last 20 years and it wouldn't be a problem for me to open it and remove the darn disc myself. My question is, would i be losing the warranty if i do the operation myself? I haven't seen any "seals" or other type of things in there to stop me from getting to the optical drive. I've done it on other 27" iMacs but they were no longer under warranty. Any answer would be apreciated. Thank you guys in advance.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac